[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice for Photo Project
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_9781-2.jpg (92 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9781-2.jpg
92 KB, 1000x666
Can /p/ give me advice on my photo project ?

I want to start a photo project about everyday users of cannabis because I live in France and it's the first EU consummer as well as the most severe about cannabis laws.The point being trying to change peoples view of cannabis users by showing them that they are ostly nomal people or guys that are tangible reasons to smoke.
I'd like to meet people in their houses , smoke a joint with them and ask general and personnal questions about cannabis use.
Everything will be put together in a book with a portrait of everyone I met , left page with photos and right some text to express their point of view about the questions I asked them. I'd like to keep it pretty DIY with hand crafted book and manuscript writing.
Photos will be at least one portrait and the rest will be their environnement where they live and/or like to smoke and be high.

I don't have the pretention to be good at photography but I think that building a project on a theme that I like can make me want to get out more with my camera and thus getting better.
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>2798849
oh come on pal that'd be another one of these shitty vice 'reports'

'jai suivi des fumeurs de weed pendant trois mois et c'était la plus belle experience de ma vie'

it's a shit subject
>>
>>2798849
Who wants to see an overwhelmingly biased project? Even though you'd most likely try present your material as positive (since you've already defined your narrative of trying to portray stoners as normal people), I think you'd come across a lot of the bad sides of smoking the plant every day. That would make for an interesting story - showing how everyday potsmokers get by, and how the pros probably just barely outweigh the cons of NOT smoking daily. But unfortunately OP, all i picture is you trying to steer the whole series toward your boring theme
>>
>>2798849
>Can /p/ give me advice on my photo project ?

its shit. come up with something good for once.
>>
i've recently moved to colorado and i want to document all the pretentious "connoisseur smokers" white people with dreadlocks and homeless people smoking weed and blowing it through your car window when you're stopped at a red light.
>>
>france has some of the most severe Marijuana laws.
>"oh hey can i take your portrait of you using the highly illegal drug so i maybe publish it in a book."
>>
>>2799247
It's not like I'm going to put their ID's for anyone to read.

>>2799034
Enlighten me about what makes a good project
>>2799033
I think I wasnt really clear , that's what I want to do in the end , the main motive is to portray these people as they really are and not how the medias show them. I want to be as objective as I can since if I don't it won't be taken seriously.

>>2799023
Non je deteste ces connards qui prônent la "bien-pensance altermondialiste" depuis leur Iphone.
>>
>>2799475

great attitude, kid.
>>
>>2798849
C'est cool Vice
Essaye d'être le plus réaliste possible en évitant les clichés et les trucs chiants genre le vieux dreadeux à la fac. Trouves des gens qui se soignent vraiment avec, des dealers qui ont la vie dure, des gens qui sont devenus malade mentaux, je sais pas ce genre de trucs.
>>
>>2799475
E D G Y
D
G
Y
>>
File: IMG_9907.jpg (60 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9907.jpg
60 KB, 666x1000
>>2799512
Oui des personnes de ce genre la , même si ça peux être intéressant de pas totalement exclure ces personnes aussi , malgré tout ils font aussi partis du sujet que j'essaie d'aborder

>>2799526
wew
>>
>>2799568
La j'ai déjà fait une séance avec un mec que je connais de la fac ça s'est pas trop mal passé mais j'ai passé assez claqué de photos et pris trop peu de notes
>>
>when you get roasted so bad you start talking in a different language
>>
op don't listen to these fucks, just do your thing but don't fall into clichés
>>
>>2800005
>just do your thing but don't fall into clichés
>derpa derp
Doesn't realize that falling into cliches is exactly the right way to do this.
>>
>>2800005
>just do your cliche thing but don't fall into clichés

wut.
>>
>>2800014
not necessarily, it's a cliché theme but he can do it in an original way
desu I don't think that "showing stoners as normal people" is a original way tho
>>
>>2800017
Eh, I disagree.

I mean, check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DPF_pWIy3w

Think of it in terms of this quotation from The Prestige:
>Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course...it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige".

I'm not talking mere juxtaposition, which is an easy enough way to accomplish this, but something a little deeper.
>>
>>2800022
ok then, no problem. talking about this now doesn't really makes sense without any pictures, like I said, do your thing, show the results :)
>>
>>2800025
I'm not op...just a passing anon.
>>
>>2798849
well firstly dont make pictures like you posted id looks like it was shot in a drug house jesus dude

show happy smiling high idiots playing with their kids
>>
>>2800029
10/10
>>
File: IMG_9857.jpg (76 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9857.jpg
76 KB, 666x1000
>>2799973
There's no need for me to answer to a French anon in English is all

>>2800022
I really like the way you put this , I might keep this quote as a direction to keep in my project , thanks.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.