[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /p/ i have a weird question How can i take a picture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: homepage_large.eac1d3bc.jpg (59 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.eac1d3bc.jpg
59 KB, 319x319
Hello /p/ i have a weird question

How can i take a picture to give a "Burial" feeling?What clothes should i wear and what filters should i use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtNPzaHO7k

I want to give a dark and atmospheric feeling to my picture
>>
>>2788839
what, do you expect us to have synesthesia op? how about you put that feeling music gives you into words, describe the look you visualise and work from there
>>
>>2788839
Dark and atmospheric? Well you could underexpose, drop the highlights and white level, and then raise the blacks. Look up matte and haze tutorials.

Avoid really harsh lighting like the sun at morning or evening. You could theoretically work with it but just as a general guideline. Dim lights are also good but remember you can always lower the exposure in post, don't end up giving yourself unusable shadows.

Wide aperture to soften the image and isolate the subject. Maybe some motion blur from a slow shutter would help it feel atmospheric and disconnected from reality.

In post, you can add some moody colours with split toning and such, and adding grain and then blurring it (if you're using the grain slider in lightroom or photoshop's camera raw (import or filter, same thing) it'll blur the image after adding grain for you when you adjust size and roughness) with the grain to soften it can help.

You got any photos you attempted for this project?
>>
>>2788839
Freelensing. It's when you disconnect your lens and only hold it up to the body. Gets dreamy real quick and you can introduce some odd blur.
>>
>>2788839
Dim fairly empty dingy room with nothing on the walls, but stuff sitting on the floor. Shitty small bed with just a mattress, with the sheets fucked up on it. bottles and plates piled up at the base of the walls, a lamp on the floor real dim. Hard wood floors that look shitty and worn out, dirty plaster walls, person sitting in a really shitty old wooden chair with one single big soft but dim light, lots of dark gray tones. Consider filling the room with a thin layer of smoke/fog to give the light some glow to it and lower the overall contrast even more. Person dressed in muted colors and worn old clothing, in a pose that expresses weight of life and exhaustion and hopelessness.

>what filters should I use
Don't do that.
>>
>>2788839
Can't help you much, but I commend your taste in music. Burial is outstanding.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.