[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY Theoretically, if you wanted to earn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
>PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY

Theoretically, if you wanted to earn an income doing product photography who would you first target/market your services to to quickly bring in an income?

I do not mean who you would WANT to work for, but clients you could potentially contact to get income through the door ASAP?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1800
Image Height1200
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:11:13 12:37:22
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width650
Image Height433
>>
>>2771043
I would guess you can't work for yourself. You either need to work for someone's in-house product photography business or someone who already has a lot of large clients. Large companies with the budget to hire a product photographer would only hire independent or smaller photographers for non-traditional small advertising campaigns. Smaller companies use someone in the company with a camera or stock photography.

The future of product photography is computer generated images. Most of the major product shots you see today is all computerized. No cameras involved.

Your only option is to go into computer generated images, stock photography, or social networking. I don't know if people with large social media fallowing get actual money or just free stuff but it's a huge market.

Advertising companies are hiring your followers not you.
>>
I guarantee you that you have someone near you selling home made knit hats, or potpourri, or some kind of snake oil health food like Plexus or Nutridiet or some shit.

Reach out to them and photo their bullshit. You might only be able to make $5 an item, tops, but it will be an income from product photography.

If you want to comfortably live off of product photography, you needed to start about 40 years ago, and have a large production house with big name clients by now.

It would also help to be near a major company's headquarters, which are either in New York, or Silicon Valley.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.