[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found this at home.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: konicaautos.jpg (1 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
konicaautos.jpg
1 MB, 3008x2000
I found this at my dad's old house. Its the same as pic related (konica s hexanon). I always loved to take pictures with a cool story behind, but i find it mesmerising doing it with my phone. Will this camera work? Will it take decent pictures? I don't know nothing about photography, nor cameras.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D50
Camera SoftwareVer.1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern824
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2013:01:09 22:08:54
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Auto, Return Detected
Focal Length40.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3008
Image Height2000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastSoft
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
ISO Speed Used250
Image QualityNORMAL
White BalanceAUTO
Image SharpeningAUTO
Focus ModeAF-A
Flash SettingNORMAL
Auto Flash ModeBuilt-in,TTL
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested250
Flash Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
AE Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
Tone CompensationAUTO
Lens TypeNikon D Series
Lens Range28.0 - 80.0 mm; f/3.3 - f/5.6
Auto FocusClosest Subject, Center Selected, Top Focused
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Color ModeLandscape sRGB
Lighting TypeSPEEDLIGHT
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations13835
Saturation 2NORMAL
Digital Vari-ProgramAUTO
>>
The Konica Auto S series are nice cameras with great lenses. If it works it will make nice pictures.

Look up a video on rangefinder cameras or something and how exposure works.
If the lightmeter still works this camera has shutter priority so that makes things easier for a beginner since you only have to think about 1 parameter, shutter speed.

Set the lens to 'auto', wind the film lever and press the shutter button. If you hear and see the shutter fire the camera is probably fine.
Look through the finder and move the focussing tab on the lens. If a square in the middle moves the rangefinder mechanism is probably ok.
>>
>>2768563
inspect lens for dust and fungus. clean out dust from inside of it or you'll get spots on your photos.

i'm sure there are lists of general things to do to spruce up an old camera and get it ready for taking photos.

if you've got allergies you'll need to take precautions, i've fucked my own shit so hard by not taking a claritin before diving into some cameras.
>>
Thanks guys for the encouragment. It was a little bit dusty, but nothing more. Im going to a photo store to buy a roll.

Pd: english is not my native language sorry
>>
>>2768595
>clean out dust from inside of it or you'll get spots on your photos.
no you won't get spots.
>>
>>2768684
if it's anywhere between the incoming light and the medium you will get spots

i have gotten spots
>>
>>2768691
Unless the specs of dust are really big, or on the rear element of a wide angle, or you're using a very small aperture: no, you probably won't get any noticeable spots. It's far more likely dust got on your film and blocked the light.
>>
File: 97190003.png (3 MB, 1447x1025) Image search: [Google]
97190003.png
3 MB, 1447x1025
>>2768563
Konica film cameras are fine, as long as yours is clean you will get good results.

I have a couple film shots from my Konica TC with a 40mm 1.8 Hexanon lens. This is one of the only times I ever shot film so pls no bully, i'm just trying to show OP the color representation.
>>
File: 97190004.jpg (715 KB, 1545x1024) Image search: [Google]
97190004.jpg
715 KB, 1545x1024
>>2768699

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelQSS-32_33
Camera SoftwareQSS-32_33 8.01.001 2008.01.15
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1545
Image Height1024
>>
Cool pics! If someone has a tutorial about the lens and that would be cool
>>
>>2769057
What?
>>
>>2768700
I don't care about those heads in the background. I want to look at the umbrella. But it's blurry.
>>
>>2769069
Yeah, it was in the mid-90s that day and the sun was glaring so hot that I couldnt see what I was shooting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.