[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JPG horribleness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Raw vs 100% JPG.png (875 KB, 1886x429) Image search: [Google]
Raw vs 100% JPG.png
875 KB, 1886x429
Why does all my JPG's look so disgusting? Everything I export that contains lots of oranges and other warm colors turn out cold and green. Orange becomes yellow and yellow becomes green, and then I have to edit the JPG's using Windows 10's editing system so that they don't look god-awful.
>>
That is a color profiling problem. sRGB, which is usually the color profile jpegs are exported with, way narrower than adobeRGB, so a lot of compression is going on. On pro editing tools, such as Photoshop, you can "track" the compression to a point there's generally no visual distinction between the before and after (use the save for web... command). On the other hand, more casual programs such Paint or (sometimes) Lightroom won't do the proper tracking of the color when converting from working color space to sRGB, but rather just apply the sRGB profile on top on the working color space, causing the colors to look wrong and awful, like in your pic.
>>
>>2740471
I use Lightroom 5.4, so how do I fix the problem?
>>
>>2740485
I do not use LR, so I can't say. Make sure you exporting the sRGB, not saving it as adobeRGB jpegs. Also, google
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.