[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Live View in Still Mode inaccurate on Manual Setting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: EOS-700D_Default_tcm13-1034532.jpg (44 KB, 530x265) Image search: [Google]
EOS-700D_Default_tcm13-1034532.jpg
44 KB, 530x265
Canon 700D

Hey /p/, I have a weird issue.

I recently bought an Olympus OM-System F.Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.8 lens, and it works perfectly fine, but my camera has a weird issue.

On manual setting in Still Shot Mode, the Live View image is a lot darker than the final image the camera takes which is verrry annoying.

However if I move the camera into Video Mode the Live View image is accurate to any pictures or footage I shoot there.

Now normally that'd be fine, but in Video Mode it won't obviously let me change my shutter speed to any slower than 1/24th of a second, which I'd want if I was doing photography

The strange thing is, on Arpeture Priority (or any of the other settings) the image displayed is accurate, although it gives me the stupid auto setting shit which I hate.

I dun get it /p/, why my camera screwing me over in Manual setting in Still Mode?
>>
It doesn't portray a very accurate image on shutter priority mode either
>>
From my experiences using Manual lenses on the EOS M & M3 system.
Live View doesn't support manual lenses very well. If you stop down, the image will become darker in liveview but focusing will be accurate.
Shutter speed matters a tonne here. You want to pay attention to the camera lightmeter/exposure bar when shooting with manual glass.

A trick to using the Canon Liveview system when it's too dark stopped down is to increase your iso, focus, reset iso to desired target and set your shutter speed accordingly.
It's not the best system in the world but you can certainly make it work.
>>
>>2738491
>Olympus OM-System F.Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.8 lens
>why.jpg

On a sea of awesome manual lenses like Takumars, Voigtlanders, Nikkors, FDs etc. You got to pick a Zuiko.
>>
File: OlyE420_dof_preview.jpg (6 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
OlyE420_dof_preview.jpg
6 KB, 200x150
>>2738491
possible it doesn't preview using the same aperture you're shooting at. Maybe preview is at 2.8 while shooting is at 1.8. Just a thought don't own the camera but when using aperture priority maybe it corrects this aperture preview issue
>>
>>2738499
the lens looks nice and all

its just this issue :(
>>
>>2738500
das som fuked up shit right there
>>
>>2738500
The aperture ring is completely manual though and can only be turned by the dial
>>
>>2738514
>>2738509
see
>>2738498
The problem is that LiveView doesn't show an accurate exposure. You have to use the lightmeter. You'll also have to stop down the lens at least.
>>
>>2738491
Use Magic Lantern and Focus Peaking.

Honestly why hasn't this been mentioned yet?
>>
>>2738520
Focus peaking will help with the focus, but the problem is still that the OP is setting the exposure wrong.
>>
File: what ze fook.png (1 MB, 1500x1300) Image search: [Google]
what ze fook.png
1 MB, 1500x1300
this is driving me pure mental
>>
>>2738527
I don't know what I read...
>>
how i gon do dis
>>
>>2738556
Read the fucking manual, dipshit.
>>
>>2738491
Turn of/off exposure simulation.
>>
>>2738748
I did that there using Magic Lantern, it didn't really work

I tried using the override too but it didn't fix things :S
>>
>>2738491
>buy a rabal
>shoot in live view
just get a mirrorless.
>>
>>2738797
I usually use my manual lenses in liveview, focus peaking helps a lot. I also use a Pentax and never had any problems with metering and exposure with an old glass.
Why is Canon so picky about these things?
>>
>>2738906
It isn't. I used four different manual lenses with my Xt, 40D, 5D, and 5Dmk3, and have never had a single issue. Not sure what's going on with yours, but it's not a common issue, I can assure you.
>>
>>2738908
I'm not OP, mate
>>
OP here

I've worked with sort of a workaround

If I enable Auto ISO it fixes the problem, but to avoid high ISO I limit it in the settings.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.