[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p/ starter guide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
hey guys, ive just started lurking /p/ and the board seems to be pretty interesting so im surely gonna spend much more time here
photography interests me more and more with each day, but for now i dont have a single clue about it (i dont even have my own camera) so here comes my question to you - is there any approved starter guide like other boards have? if not could you direct me somewhere with basic knowledge how to take pictures, which newbie camera should i choose and even guide me how to hold it
thank you in advance
>>
Literally the first thread on page 1 is the sticky with loads of resources, no idea how you could miss that possibly
>>
Do you have a camera, like, any camera? Normally the best place to start is its manual. Read it. It will tell you what all the settings do (and if you don't understand it, you'll know exactly what to search for on the internet), how to hold the camera and how to use every feature of your camera to your advantage.

You could also start with 35mm film, which many people here (myself included) recommend. Manual film cameras and old lenses are pretty cheap, and they don't have any of the automatic bullshit in a modern camera (not even autofocus), so it forces you to think of every aspect of your picture. Of course, that's only viable if you live somewhere where you can actually walk into a lab and have your film developed. The Pentax K-1000 is famous as the student camera, but there are many comparable alternatives that you can get for cheaper, like an old Zenit SLR, they sell for ~$10 with a lens.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.