[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuji X-T1 IR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
How the hell can I get this camera to shot IR? Is there some filter blocking it or what, because i cant find anything in settings to enable this function?

Someone with experience please help
>>
The infrared XT1? You uh...turn it on.
The regular XT1? Fujis are a little more IR sensitive than most cameras and can do it decently, but you obviously need a filter to block your visible light.

If your dilemma is the former, I dunno how to help you, read the manual. If its the latter, you can't shoot infrared without an IR filter. Get yourself a cheap 720nm or something on ebay if you wanna experiment.
>>
>>2734489
You need a filter to put on the lens to cut out everything that isn't IR.

Because it removes a lot of light, the photos will require more time to take.
>>
Digital cameras usually feature physical IR blocking filters that are essentially part of the sensor itself - they can't be disabled by a software setting. With some cameras you can physically remove this filter (or more likely pay somebody to do it for you), but with others it's impossible without destroying the sensor. Removing the filter is pretty much permanent and the camera will then only be useful for shooting IR.

The less extreme/permanent option is to buy a filter for your lens that blocks everything but IR light and then use extremely long exposures, until eventually enough light gets through the sensor's IR filter to produce an exposure. This is obviously only any good for scenes that don't move.
>>
It should cover all the spectrum from 380 to about 1000nm. Can't I remove all other spectrums, that I don't necesarilly need, later in photoshop or smth?
>>
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/4180583057/fujifilm-announces-x-t1-ir-for-infrared-photography
>>
>>2734499
no
>>
>>2734499
No, because in order to get enough IR light through the sensor's filter to produce an exposure, you will need such a long exposure that if you're not blocking all other wavelengths of light they will completely overexpose/clip the image.
>>
Okay, thank you guys. I'm probs gonna go and buy a filter and experiment a bit. Gonna post results if they will be any good.
>>
Something that came to me is that with the X-T1 IR you can make pictures like the ones from Satoki Nagata using two IR modified flashes, without disturbing the subject.
>>
>>2734597
What?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGreenshot
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2734607
http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2015/01/19/weegee_captures_new_york_moviegoers_in_the_1940s_in_photographs_from_the.html
>>
>>2735074
I have done this and it's very entertaining
>>
>>2734498
Removing the filter isn't permanent. All you have to do is put the old one back on. It just kind of defeats the purpose. Some companies sell green lens filters that turn an IR camera back into a visible light camera, but again, it defeats the purpose of converting to IR in the first place.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.