[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow, but I'm being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 1920x855) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 1920x855
I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow, but I'm being very indecisive.
>Nikon D5500, 18-55 VR II, and 50 1.4G
>Nikon D7100, 18-55 VR II, and 50 1.8G
>Nikon D7200 50 1.8G

Thoughts?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height855
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2730645
http://www.adorama.com/IPXK3.html
>>
>>2730647
Interesting anon, thank you. I believe the store I'm headed to tomorrow sells Pentax so I'll take a look at it.
>>
>>2730645
Do you need the AF-D screw?
Do you need the tilt screen?
Do you need the top info panel?
Do you need the more rugged construction?

How can you be indecisive? It's just yes or no questions.

> 50 1.4G
Not really worth it over the 50 1.8G, extra money better spent elsewhere.

>Nikon D7200 50 1.8G
Unless you know for certain you enjoy shooting only at a 75mm FoV, this is likely just going to be too restrictive for general photography to the point of being annoying.
>>
>>2730645
Get the D7100, but don't get a kit lens. Get the 35mm 1.8g DX and get the 50mm 1.8D instead of G. Alternatively, D3300 or D7000 depending on whether IQ or body is most important.
>>
The D7100 and the kit plus 35 are perfect. Don't get the 50 because its too restricting.

D7100 and 7200 have the same everything except for the WiFi support. The 5500 is definitely great, but I like the rigidity of my 7100.
>>
Lots of good replies, thank you. Especially the value of the 50 1.8 versus 1.4.

I have shot Nikon DSLRs since 2007 and have always preferred the 50 over any other lens. I have previously owned a Sigma 30 1.4 and the Nikon 35 1.8 (twice). I liked both, but never preferred them over the 50.

I have been using an Olympus E-M10 for about a year now, but I'm ready to go back to Nikon. However, I think I will really miss the touchscreen and articulated screen. Initially, I thought I needed the rigidity of the D7100, but after handling the D5500 I was pretty impressed.
>>
>>2730676
I should have mentioned, at $200 I will most certainly buy the 35 at some point. I shoot 90% of time with primes, but I definitely want the option of shooting wider outdoors. I've owned a few of the 18-55's and I would consider them worth price unlike many of the longer zooms.
>>
>>2730645
I would get the D70. It has a superior CCD sensor with a vintage type of noise and color. You can make art with it.
>>
>>2730676
>I have been using an Olympus E-M10 for about a year now, but I'm ready to go back to Nikon
Why? What is the E-M10 lacking for you?
>>
>>2730686
I mean, I wouldn't refuse an IR converted D70. D70s was actually my first DSLR. It's funny to see people still trying to get $250 on Craigslist for them.
>>
>>2730688
It's too small for my big bear hands. Although it's very well made, I've just never felt comfortable slinging it over my shoulder and being out in the elements. It's a shame that I can't even give it away at a great price on Craigslist, I'm going to end up trading it in for even less.
>>
It's like this thread wasn't made for the expressed purpose of these sorts of questions >>2729142
>>
>>2730696
>big hands

Man I on the other hand prefer small cameras due to my small girly hands. I'm only a midget 5'9, 160 but my petite 5'1 110 pound gf has about the same hand size as me.
>>
>>2730645
>Thoughts?

D7200 and 35mm F1.8G DX.

Also sage.
>>
>>2730665
Is the 50mm 1.8D always worth getting over the G version if the body supports autofocus with it? I have a d3200 and I used my friend's 1.8D and it was so glorious compared to the kit lens even though I had to constantly manually focus it
>>
>>2731657
Yes. Faster AF, pretty much similar, perfect optics. Same with 1.4D, the AF is much faster than the G.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.