[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 23615123530_9ba1228afd_h.jpg (108 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
23615123530_9ba1228afd_h.jpg
108 KB, 800x533
Hello, just got my first own personal reflex, Pentax K-S1 with 18-55mm lens.

here's the first pictures I took on my flickr, please take a look and tell me how random and shitty they are .... and how can I get it better.

flickr
>>
flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/samytouzene/
>>
If I were to give you any advice, I would say that:

* You REALLY need to learn to simplify your compositions. Too many irrelevant objects in them.

* You also REALLY need to train up a steady hand. These look a lot softer than they should look when zoomed in. Even the slightest shaking on your part is undesirable. It's bad enough that the world itself keeps moving (remember adequate shutter speed too when you shoot moving objects like the cars driving in front of that church).

* Also, think of the "uses and gratifications" that your viewers could get from these pictures. Don't think about how YOU managed to make a great picture that impresses YOU. Think about what THEY get from the picture, what THEY can use it for, and what might cause THEM to jizz in their pants. (The "uses and gratifications" theory originated in 1970's communication science. Photos are communication, so it's relevant.)
>>
>>2727847

>You REALLY need to learn to simplify your compositions. Too many irrelevant objects in them.

Agreed, that's why you'll see that the more shootings are recent, the less objects are in the picture, but I still have to work on it.

>You also REALLY need to train up a steady hand. These look a lot softer than they should look when zoomed in. Even the slightest shaking on your part is undesirable. It's bad enough that the world itself keeps moving (remember adequate shutter speed too when you shoot moving objects like the cars driving in front of that church).

Yep, I need a lot of practice for this, thank you, but I don't see the car you're talking about in the church's pictures.

> Also, think of the "uses and gratifications" that your viewers could get from these pictures. Don't think about how YOU managed to make a great picture that impresses YOU. Think about what THEY get from the picture, what THEY can use it for, and what might cause THEM to jizz in their pants. (The "uses and gratifications" theory originated in 1970's communication science. Photos are communication, so it's relevant.)

I tried to get some emotions going out from my pictures, for the one in that thread for example, I wanted to express the "rest" someone can get with such a calm place.

For a picture with the church, I tried to express how someone can be really small next to such a big construction...

I try ... I try .. but it seems I can't express anything .. and that's what I don't know how to get it
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.