[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /p/ I have a problem. I recently got an Omega C700 enlarger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /p/ I have a problem. I recently got an Omega C700 enlarger for making black and white prints in the darkroom and everyone I stop down the lens to print (around f8) the image gets these dark spots on it and it causes uneven exposure and basically makes printing a decent image impossible. I've never used an enlarger before but I've looked up tutorials and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Also just to clarify the problem is non existent at the widest aperture (3.5) and gets worse and worse until it's completely stopped down (f16 pic related)
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
This is with the lens completely open at 3.5 and the image isn't obscured at all
>>
are the dark spots always in the same place?
>>
better picture? can't see the darkspots
>>
the lense is probably dirty, did you look at it?
>>
File: 1468358650478.jpg (66 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1468358650478.jpg
66 KB, 600x800
Ahhh.
Are you talking about this circled area?
That's the filament of your light bulb.
You've either used the wrong bulb, or you're missing the reflector that sits below it.
You won't be able to print until you fix this problem.
Condenser enlarger a shit anyway, buy a colour head.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.