[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a first DSLR camera, B&H still the Go to Place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: NY_2.jpg (290 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
NY_2.jpg
290 KB, 900x600
So I'm going to invest in my first serious camera. The question I wanted to ask is if B&H in NYC is still the number one place to get optics these days?
I haven't been to their store or bought anything from them. The last time I was there was in 98' with dad when I was like 10, buying something to which I forgot.
The only thing I remeber is that it's not the place to go to if you don't know EXACTLY what you want.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2010:04:24 01:51:38
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width900
Image Height600
>>
>>2879729
If you want to buy new, it's fine. I'd compare their prices with Adorama.

But, it's fucking retarded to buy new. If you knew what you were doing you'd get it from KEH.
>>
>>2879760
Okay usually with electronics I'm leery of buying used. I'll check it out. Not making any illusions here but I didn't go to B&H not knowing what I was doing and get utterly jipped.
>>
that place is full of jews
>>
>>2879782

> don't want to get gipped

Well, the Jewiest Jewish place outside of Carnegie Deli is probably not the best place to start
>>
>>2879784
>>2879891
It's owned by Jews you dipshits. Their prices are/were based on grey market direct factory prices.
>>
>>2879729
>buying from the jew
>>
I just went there the other day and their customer service is very good. The prices are a bit high but you can trust you are getting a good product. I would just use their darkroom and buy their film cause i cant buy anything else.
>>
>>2880048
Also run by jews if that matters to you
>>
Look into buying refurbished direct from the company that makes the camera.

I got an A7 refurb'd direct from Sony for $750 a year ago. You get a discount from the new price but still have the full warranty. Best of both worlds.
>>
Who are you guys comparing B&H to when you say their prices are high? They've been the same price as or cheaper than everybody else when I've bought from them.
>>
>>2879729
It's a great place to buy as long as you are ok giving your money to racist jews. You can go there and hang out with no pressure. I go there and spend some time but never actually buy anything. Check out all their used stuff. Pretty good selection of used equipment. Just don't be stupid enough to sell them your equipment. They pay pennies on the dollar. They are jews after all.
>>
just got back from a holiday in nyc and my airbnb was in the apartment building behind bh, you can see it in OP's pic.
so I was pretty chuffed that I just had to walk around the corner to buy my day's worth of film
>>
File: 1464390255720.gif (1 MB, 298x172) Image search: [Google]
1464390255720.gif
1 MB, 298x172
Jesus fucking christ I want /pol/ to leave
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.