[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you lads take your gear to Dominican Republic. I got a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 901x883
Would you lads take your gear to Dominican Republic. I got a trip tomorrow and I'm still debating wether I should or shouldn't take it and just use my phone for pictures.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width901
Image Height883
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 540x300
>>
>>2879485
wew lad go get ur gear stolen. no trip is complete without it
>>
Just take it, you oussy. I took mine to Costa Rica and Panama without any issues. Just don't be retarded about it and you're fine.

-plain backpack. No fancy ass Lowepro shit that screams "money inside"
-don't ever set it down.
-don't act like an american
>>
lrn 2 /film/, you little fuccboi
take better pictures than you ever could on a digi with cams that cost $10 a piece
>>
>>2879485
1. What part of dominican republic are you going?
2. What gear do you have?
3. Are you white?
>>
>>2879507
My sister shoots film and I'm asking her if she has a spare.

>>2879509
>Bonao and the capital
>60d with 2 lenses
>I'm hispanic
>>
>>2879510
Capital; don't take shit, not even your phone out. Bonao I don't know, you will probably be fine. Listen to this >>2879507 You could even buy a couple of disposables and take them with you. Just make sure you have a lab that does them first. If you are not street smart don't go anywhere alone.

Good luck. Worry about having fun. Don't worry about taking pictures.
>>
You'll be fine, OP. The dangerous side of the island is Haiti because that's where all the savages are.
DR survives off tourism, so law enforcement protects the tourist corridor. you will be fine as long as you don't go looking for trouble. Also note, DR is one of the biggest sex travel destinations where people come from all over the world to racemix with the local mulatto girls and boys. Keep alert wherever you go, especially the beach, and don't allow yourself to get caught off guard.
Hire a boat to go deep water fishing if you get the chance. Despite all the starving blacks eating mud cookies in Haiti, the island is actually surrounded by some of the very best fishing in the world. Punta Cana pic related
>>
>>2879506
Did you really just compare Costa Rica to the D.R.?
>>
Since OP made this topic...

There is a chance I will be traveling to some thirdworld country in the coming months to shoot a documentary. It could be anywhere from Chile (last trip we went on), to India, to Manila (my pick), to wherever...

Now, we are there to shoot a docu, so we have to take equipment regardless. What precautions should I take? Should there be security? I mean, I see media corporations filming in locations like these all the time, so clearly it's not "that" dangerous?
>>
>>2879759
Chile is not a third world country m80. People fished through the outermost pockets of my backpack all the time if I was walking down a crowded street, but stuff was always fine if it was tucked away/secure in my hands.

Asia might be different. I know the snatch and grab style theft is more common there. I'd imagine you would just need to have other people with you as a deterrent, not dedicated security or anything though.
>>
>>2879759
just get insurance bitch
>>
>>2879506
Costa Rican here. None of those countries is really all that dangerous, I know plenty of people who go street photographing at night in San José (Capital city of CR) and come out all right. You're also incredibly safe in most if not all natural resorts, national parks, etc. The only places in the country where I'd strongly advice against bringing your gear would be marginal ghetto neighborhoods, and there's no reason I can think of to even go there in the first place unless you were a journalist.

tl;dr: if you're thinking of going to Costa Rica (or Panama, really), it's fine, bring your gear,
>>
How about Peru? I'm thinking of taking my film camera there.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x269
OP Here. The capital seems as shitty as the one in my country (Puerto Rico ) I think I'll be fine.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width500
Image Height269
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.