[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: home3.jpg (809 KB, 1484x1038) Image search: [Google]
home3.jpg
809 KB, 1484x1038
Hey, /p/.

An older and more expirienced photographer told me to do a series of photos so I decided to do some photo series of my home and my family. I feel like this short series captures the current situation pretty well. I tried to have fun while making it and also put some thought into the images and why I took them the way I did.

You can view it on this website:

http://homee.96.lt

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2480
Image Height3507
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:07:08 21:30:03
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1484
Image Height1038
>>
those are shit, are you shot it on some expired fujicolor with plastic lens camera? cos it looks like that.

first of all, you have to make your subjects appealing, and with zero composition, outoffocus snapshits you actually achieve exact opposite.

you didn't even take an effort to straighten the photos, you lazy dipshit

read more about photography, buy more gear, shoot less.

Welcome to /p/, newfag
>>
>>2879369
>Zero composition
Where are you even seeing this? These images clearly have common features in how they are composed. I don't care about the rest of your critique because of how mad it made me but you have to admit the images are composed in a certain way. I had a clear idea in mind when shooting.
>>
cool idea, and it's always nice to see someone on /p/ actually working on their own project, but this lacking so much, OP. technically speaking execution is poor, and there is too little depth - it's too short and random of a series to give the viewer any interesting information about your home and your family, to me this just looks like a few random snapshots you took at home and put together to be honest. try to add more to it man.
also, did you have any intention whatsoever when you pair images together in sets of twos?
>>
It was consistent, and I felt like I've seen things about your life that I wouldn't have otherwise. Which I guess is the point. I liked it.

There's room for improvement, though.
>>
>>2880072
Thanks

>>2879447
To be perfectly honest I more or less did this as a test for a more proper series that's currently being worked on (collecting images). What about the presentation? What about the website would you change if you could?
>>
>>2879369
>le angry critic
>buy more gear
fuck off nu-/p/

>>2879305
It was too short of a sequence but I enjoyed it. I would have liked to have seen more. It felt honest and non-pretentious. The technical aspects of the images are nothing special but they where still interesting. I personally like the "mundane"-ness of them.
>>
>>2879305
>You can view it on this website:
Hi Imageboard, please take a look at my images on another website. Post them here homey.
>>
>>2880444
The website is a part of the presentation. I made it just for this set of images and it's to be used as a template for a possible later series.
>>
>>2879305
Triggered

>>2880450
Well ok then. The problem with our generation is the obsessive self-portrayal, home and family is something every ambitious photographer uses as an easy subject, but nobody cares about that unless the story is real good or you are a great photographer.
Most of the good family stuff is rather sad, if the topic interests you I'd suggest the books
>philipp toledano - days with my father
>alec soth - dog days bogota
>richard billingham - ray's a laugh

I like your style and would love to see something more ambiguous than shooting in your comfort zone.
>>
>>2880459
>Triggered
Why? 'cause it's my dad and not my mom? haha that's p funny

Thanks for the book reccomendations, the series I'm working on next is totally out of my comfort zone and it got me going places outside my house. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.