[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Polaroid general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: polaroid-1000-land-camera.jpg (60 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
polaroid-1000-land-camera.jpg
60 KB, 800x800
Okay, so I recently bought a black and white cartridge from The Impossible Project for my dad's polaroid 1000. I really want to use this gold plated cartridge for some portraits of a friend of mine, but im scared of fucking up my exposure and getting a bunch of shitty overexposed photographs.
Does anyone have any info or tips on lighting and how best to shoot with it?
Also polaroid general thread.
>>
>>2878453
Your flash unit still works right?
Always try to go on the brighter end, it's way easier to under expose than it is to overexpose
>>
>>2878472
I'm not sure if there's a flash. All I found in the attic was the camera.
I can always put her in front of a window or under a light though.
>>
>>2878476
in flashless units shoot outside in daylight. the camera deals well with those conditions, but fails in low light. remember you have a fixed focus hyperfocal lens - the background of your subject will always be in focus, so choose ones that dont compete for the viewer's attention with your subject. foilage is a staple, ditto skyline (possibility of underexposing subject then, though). google a pdf version of the instruction manual and read it - among other things it lists the minimal focusing distance, important for portraiture with such a wide angle fov. before you put the cartridge in thoroughly clean the rollers the film passes through - they're crucial to properly spreading the chems over your developing photo. mind the exposure compensation dial, adjust after 1st photo fully develops, however long that takes for your impossible project film. be patient. have fun.
>>
>>2878512
Thanks man, i'll go over all the internals and make sure they're clear.
>>
>>2878476
>in front of a window or under a light
go outside and film in natural light either early morning golden hour or late evening golden hour.
free app for android called Photographer's tools will give you the exact times for golden hour each day.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.