[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newfag here. Trying out very basic photography and editing, any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: PicsArt_06-01-04.19.15.jpg (830 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-01-04.19.15.jpg
830 KB, 2048x1536
Newfag here. Trying out very basic photography and editing, any tips? This is one I took in Colorado.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicsArt Photo Studio
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationUnknown
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width0
Image Height0
>>
>>2878214

holy crud i dont think ive ever seen a cleaner watermark -

Papi~

-simple, beautiful and to the point. : )
>>
>>2878216
Thanks!
>>
>>2878214
Post-process blurring is fairly sloppy and jarring, it's apparent it's been edited in and doesn't look natural.
Can you post the pic without the blur?
>>
>>2878214
Why would you watermark this trash?
>>
File: IMG_20160528_142014.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160528_142014.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>2878229
This one isn't watermarked, but i trust /p/ with this one

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelZ959
Sensing MethodUnknown
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:28 14:20:14
Exposure Time1/441 sec
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/2.3
Brightness21474836.5 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length2.94 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Exposure Index126
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
>>
>>2878240

I'd definitely say this one looks a lot better than the edited one.
Obviously you'll probably get some scathing remarks from /p/ about the composition and dodgy focus, but in terms of post-processing I'd say a little playing with the colour and tone is all it really needs.
>>
>>2878242
Okay, thanks man! I blurred the back because I thought the dead trees sorta made it look bad. Thank you for your advice though
>>
>>2878240
This is about 1million times better than the first pic.
>>
>>2878245

I'd say you'll suffer using a phone camera for that kind of shot.
You'd probably have been able to naturally leave the trees out of focus with a nice low f-stop on a proper camera which would've kept those trees out of focus for you in a natural way.
Not sure how the Z959's focusing works but for the iPhone I know you can tap the screen to pick something to focus on which can naturally keep the background out of focus. Could practice doing something similar with your phone to see if it can do the same.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.