[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you started/do you run a successful aerial footage capturing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Inspire-1-PRO.png (105 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Inspire-1-PRO.png
105 KB, 960x540
Have you started/do you run a successful aerial footage capturing service?

I've been mulling this around now as I want to branch out of my corporate job shooting and filming events and commercials, and focus more on high end photography and video.

I have a plan for marketing myself, I'd have a dedicated website for aerial photography separate from my other work, networking for new clients and prospects, etc. But what I don't know is how much of a demand it is in my area. I know many people want it, but these are the same people who have asked me why I charge more than "their friend" for general commercial production.

My value would come in to play when I'm using much higher end equipment then my competition and I would be color grading my work to match a style. Something nobody currently does here.

My equipment list I put together for High End 4k video at 60fps sits just under $9000. Should allow me about 40 minutes of filming time without the purchase of additional batteries. I have packaged tiers that vary, but I'm not really sure if what I'm asking per production is reasonable since it is more than my competition. I'm going for quality vs my competition.

Questions for you to answer if you would:

1. How much do you make per production? (give me estimates or highs and lows if you don't have set rates for roughly what I'm thinking of doing)

2. How much did you spend on your set up?

3. How long did it take for you to get a license?

4. What do you pay for insurance and what does it cover?

5. How long did it take you to be established/successful and what was the rate of progress from starting to now?

6. How many clients do you have regularly/how many do you get a month/year?

7. Anything else you feel I need to know before jumping into a new field of photography/video services.

Thanks in advance.
>>
Good luck! You're only 5+ years behind all the other companies doing this!
>>
>>2877953
Not locally.

I'd be one of four people doing this and I'd have the best equipment.
>>
So nobody has any advice on the matter?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.