[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have just acquired two SLR cameras. Both are ZENIT, the black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: photo_2016-07-06_18-48-55.jpg (116 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-07-06_18-48-55.jpg
116 KB, 1280x960
I have just acquired two SLR cameras.
Both are ZENIT, the black one is model 11 and the one on the right is an ET model. Both seem to work fine. The ET has a loose lightmeter, but I bet i can fix that.

11 is made by KMZ and ET is made by Belomo. Which one would you pick? Is there any significant difference in build quality?

I have three lanses. Two 2/58, one automatic made by KMZ, second manual by MMZ. The 4/200 lens is an aftermarket german-made lens.
>>
they are identical mechanically. whichever has a fully functional shutter and optionally lightemeter and is cleaner/in better shape. Aside from manufacturing quality variations they're made from the same moulds with the same mechanisms. Pick the cleaner Helios and enjoy your entry level slr. remember the viewfinder only shows the middle 66% of the screen. when you frame your shots you'll have some free space around, account for that.
>>
>>2877608
Thank you, I had no idea the viewfinder works that way. You have saved me a film of badly framed pictures.

I also have these, which I want to eventually test out as well. I do have some experience with the Flexaret VI already, otherwise I am just starting with film photography in general.
>>
File: photo_2016-07-06_19-29-55.jpg (446 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-07-06_19-29-55.jpg
446 KB, 1280x960
>>2877616
I forgot to attach a picture...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2877574
>Goes on /r/photography once
>immediately buys the slr petapixel plugs
>>
>>2877616
That's quite a handful you have there. Plenty of stuff to play around with in the future. Take it slow, there's no point in rushing things. Film is difficult to master, compared to digital.
>>
File: photo_2016-07-06_21-19-48.jpg (137 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-07-06_21-19-48.jpg
137 KB, 1280x960
I have just fixed this lovely piece.
>>2877671
Sorry mate, I don't really hang around this board that much.
>>
File: ec.jpg (131 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
ec.jpg
131 KB, 640x434
>>2877616
I knew I had this knocking around somewhere. Look up Zenit photos on flickr or even better, lomography (they tend to crop/edit less than on flickr) and you'll begin noticing the empty/redundant space around the photo subjects.
>>
>>2877726
saved
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.