[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What image organising software do you use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Adobe-Bridge-CC-Free.png (1 MB, 1701x893) Image search: [Google]
Adobe-Bridge-CC-Free.png
1 MB, 1701x893
What image organising software do you use?
>>
>>2877481
I just uninstalled darktable and started using digikam last night. So far so good.

>crying my GNU+Linux tears
>>
>>2877481
>Using Adobe Bloat
>>
Relying on software to organise is a trap.
You should organise by folder structure, and only let the software manage more superficial things like tags.
>>
>>2878831
I mean, yeah. I assumed the question was what software do you use for the superficial stuff.
>>
>>2878831
+1
You change software, you change OS, ... In the end you will end up with grey hair and late nights when you try to get things straight again after some proprietary sw messed everything.

My lols when I used some hp camewithmycamera photo catalogue on 10 000 photos, adding tags and people and whatever for weeks. And it just didnt work in the end. The software kept on crashing and the search function just didnt find anything. It filled the folders with metafiles and the actual metatags were all fucked up afterwards. Im really hoping that the software nowadays is better.

Funnily I bought an apple sometime ago and gave iPhoto a try. It did find my photos from the network drive and tried to import them. Still cant open iPhoto as it keeps on crashing.
>>
>>2878782
I think RawTherapee has a pretty decent interface too, but it's too weak in the Tool-area so I use Darktable as well.
There are just some things that Therapee can't do or are horrible.
>>
>>2878831
I shoot way too many photos to deal with that shit. I let Lightroom import and organize my shit by date, which I guess is kind of by folder structure anyway. (It files stuff by year and then day.) If I change software or computers, I just rescan the library and it's all back where it belongs, thanks to the metadata on the images.
>>
>>2878855
>too many files for a folder structure
Okay, you do you.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.