[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No pro cameras rule
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: meme july 4.png (821 KB, 1600x1528) Image search: [Google]
meme july 4.png
821 KB, 1600x1528
Hey /p/,

I was just wondering how many of you abide by the demands of the event coordinator in these type of situations.

Last night I went to the fair with an xa, trying to be stealth, and I saw at least 8 hobbyists toting around L glass.

I guess my real question is can they really regulate "professional" camera equipment coming into a publicly accessible event?
>>
In the US, any event can decide what they want to allow on their "rented / owned" space (this includes inside public parks and other government owned facilities - but this does NOT include a protest event unless they have rented space). If they decide you must wear a red shirt to be admitted and you walk up in a green shirt....they don't have to let you in. They can also tell you what you can say and do inside the event space and you are free to leave the event space to do as you please outside of it. The rub is, how well do the people at the entrances enforce the set rules and the people you saw may have been working for the event or press with a pass you didn't see.
>>
>>2876763
bring a sony rx10iii.
>>
>>2876763
A gun.
>>
In a few cases, I took time a few weeks before an wvent to find the head of security and email him or her, explain that i am an amateur with a small interchangeable lens camera (usually a leica or a7r).

In many cases, I get a written ok and never failed to get in.
>>
>>2876777
Yeah, I think the people at the gates just weren't enforcing it. I saw a bunch of people with Canon Rebels, doubt they were working press.

>>2876896
That's a good idea, I tried calling beforehand but the phone person just repeated what was posted on the website.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.