[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's me again. I haven't posted anything for since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
File: z11_021.jpg (1 MB, 1000x634) Image search: [Google]
z11_021.jpg
1 MB, 1000x634
It's me again. I haven't posted anything for since march. I shot only few rolls since then.

Feel free to ask, enjoy, criticise and let 404.

1/n
>>
File: ttl-foma100_010.jpg (563 KB, 638x1000) Image search: [Google]
ttl-foma100_010.jpg
563 KB, 638x1000
2/n

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:06:28 19:44:36
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
>>
>>2871951
>It's me again.
We don't know who you are, nor do we care.

>I shot only few rolls since then.
For fuck's sake. I sure hope the rest is better than this poorly-executed, cliched shit.
>>
File: z11_029.jpg (752 KB, 1000x644) Image search: [Google]
z11_029.jpg
752 KB, 1000x644
3/n
>>
File: ttl_022.jpg (860 KB, 1000x632) Image search: [Google]
ttl_022.jpg
860 KB, 1000x632
>>2871955
shh, it will be over soon

4/n
>>
File: lca_012.jpg (840 KB, 683x1000) Image search: [Google]
lca_012.jpg
840 KB, 683x1000
5/n
>>
File: ttl_023.jpg (714 KB, 1000x632) Image search: [Google]
ttl_023.jpg
714 KB, 1000x632
6/n
>>
>>2871951
>generic advertising flyer for a bank that's "going green by switching to e-billing"

>>2871954
i've said this before on /p/ and i'll say it again - unless you are documenting something that actually happens in a graveyard (for example I once knew somebody who did a photo series on a public primary school which held several gym classes in a nearby graveyard because they had inadequate gym facilities), using a graveyard as your backdrop for a "sad" portrait or something is cliched, boring, and completely lacking in subtlety.

can you introduce symbolic imagery into your portraits? sure, rembrandt was the fucking king of that shit.
should you use symbolic imagery so heavyhanded that you practically shove it down the viewer's throat the instant they glance at your image? no, it reeks of amateurish teenage experimentation with "art."

>>2871958
juxtaposition of life & death here is more interesting, but the photo is so full of superfluous crap that anything meaningful or interesting gets lost in the clutter

>>2871960
ok lines but the little truck is distracting & makes it feel like a car ad

>>2871962
not very original and not shot interestingly enough to make it worthwhile

>>2871964
best of the bunch imo
>>
File: lca_017.jpg (268 KB, 655x1000) Image search: [Google]
lca_017.jpg
268 KB, 655x1000
7/7?

moar?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:06:28 20:14:03
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
>>
>>2871973
i wish you had used a tripod and a level (or at least some sort of focusing screen that has a grid on it) so that the building in the background was actually 100% level.

but generally this is a cool looking photo; certainly it's way better than crap like >>2871954, even if it's not really stylistically groundbreaking or even necessarily motivated by anything besides aesthetics.
>>
File: ttl_002.jpg (780 KB, 1000x644) Image search: [Google]
ttl_002.jpg
780 KB, 1000x644
>>2871967
ty

7/8
>>
if nobody else is replying to this last pic i guess i may as well finish my run thru the whole thread. im saging though, just so i don't bump this with a crit post that's probably not very interesting/relevant to most anons.

hopefully you will appreciate it at least, op - i have no clue who you are or why youre so confident in being recognized that you say "it's me again" as anon, but i hope u have enough /p/ experience under your belt that you don't mind me taking a harsh tone in some of these crits. even when im pounding out negative crits with classic, abrasive /p/ language i try to make sure they are somewhat constructive and/or point to a couple specifics in your pics, good or bad, that you can recognize and deal with yourself

>>2871982
i think this picture has a great deal of potential. photos of posters etc can still be conceptually interesting (provided you approach them as a tool to explore other concepts rather than as an end in and of themselves) and this one is also quite arresting - bc its worn, bc its upside down, bc the way the vinyl/canvas/whatever crumples onto the scaffolding makes for a cool texture, etc

but the workmen don't add anything to the picture. theyre just distracting, & theyre so small that you can't even distinguish much about what they're doing anyway so they cant rly convey any meaning. id also like to see a pic that either doesnt cut off those chimneys, or crops tighter & cuts off that entire crooked ridge at the top of the red tile roof.
>>
rest in peace no 8/8
>>
>>2871973
really cool
but what >>2871981 said about grid lines
I mean you could just straighten in post too
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.