[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Film Camera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 5327463642_1b704ed247.jpg (100 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
5327463642_1b704ed247.jpg
100 KB, 500x333
Hey /p/, which camera should I buy? I'm looking at either a Pentax 67 or a Hasselblad 500cm. I mainly do a mix of landscape and portrait photography.
>>
>>2871232
Or is the Mamiya 7 the way to go?
>>
Please use these threads

>>2870790

>>2869584
>>
>>2871259
Ah, I will. Thank you and sorry for not fully reading the rules before posting. Thank you again.
>>
>>2871232
>>2871236

hassy has more portability, interchangeable backs, and its signature image rendering (bc of lenses).
p67 is a huge ass system with literally every lens you can possibly imagine and outstanding image quality every time. rendering is also very sweet too.
i see the mamiya 7 as more of a documentary/travelling photog the most.

i think youd be fine between the 67 or the 500c, the compromise with the 67 is weight and bulk, but you get a bigger neg, landscapes are gorgeous, portraiture has been done a lot with the 67s. also it doesnt use interchangeable backs, you have to finish the roll if you want to switch to a different film. i dunno if there is a compromise with the 500c, but personally i like the 67 more.
>>
>>2871278
Sounds good, thank you for the advice. I'm leaning ore towards the hassy right now, mainly for the portability and the backs.
>>
BRONICA
B
R
O
N
I
C
A
>>
>>2871517
SIX BY SIX
I
X

B
Y

S
I
X
>>
>>2871293
Bronica SQ-A is just as good, not prone to jamming due to incorrect order of operations, and much much cheaper.
>>
>>2871232
I'm about to buy a Bronica Zenza ETRS for €200, is this a good price? Any specific things to look for/watch out for? What parts/functions should I check before buying it?
>>
>>2872329
Does it come with a lens and a back? Then the price is fine. I just bought a etrsi with the 75 and the 50mm for 350.
>>
>>2872345
Oh sorry, I should have specified that. It comes with a 75mm lense and two extra backs (of which I don't know if he means 2 extra plus the one already attached to it) and from the looks of the photo in the advertisement, a speed grip. The backs do lack the plate to make them light tight, it seems.
>>
>>2872329
I've shot all three cameras and am currently using the hassy 500cm w/80mm as my main film cam right now. the Pentax 67 is a FABULOUS camera, I can't stress that enough, but the hassy is just comfier to use and i really like the waist level finder. if you go with the hassy invest in an acute matte focusing screen. my etr was the first MF camera I ever had and I've taken some great pics with it, it's just unwieldy plus my lens for it has some loose mechancs in it and the meter and body rely on battery power to function. nothing beats a fully mechanical camera. either way, any camera will get you great images.
>>
OP I own a 500cm and I really wish I had a 67 instead
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.