[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bill Cunningham, the street-style photographer whose photo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 26CUNNINGHAM-master768.jpg (56 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
26CUNNINGHAM-master768.jpg
56 KB, 768x432
>Bill Cunningham, the street-style photographer whose photo essays for The New York Times memorialized trends ranging from fanny packs to Birkin bags, gingham shirts and fluorescent biker shorts, died in New York on Saturday. He was 87.

RIP :(
>>
What camera is he using in the picture?
>>
>>2870173
who cares

>This photo from 1967 shows him with his first camera, a half-frame that cost $35. "I had just the most marvelous time with that camera," he said. "Everybody I saw I was able to record, and that’s what it’s all about."
>>
Shame he died in the closet.
Biggest fag there ever was.
RIP Billy.
>>
Who the fuck is this and why should anyone care? He didn't have a significant stature in photography, he's just another known-photographer. This is nonsense shitposting.
>>
>>2870176
you could connect half of Africa to the internet with that edge m8
>>
>>2870176
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning summer?!
>>
The documentary of him really is amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYqiLJBXbss
>>
>>2870176
He's a legend you clueless fuck, in fashion circles I'd bet he's more liked and respected than the likes of avedon. Piss off and take your moronic opinion with you back to the gear thread you fucking cancer
>>
>>2870167
Godspeed Bill Cunningham.
Till we meet and drink in Valhalla
>>
>>2870167
>he shot in auto
>>
>>2870176
>He didn't have a significant stature in photography

uhhh
>>
Bump for the memories. I was actual quite sad when the news broke. You'll be missed
Bump
>>
>>2870176
He was a cornerstone of fashion photography for decades m8
>>
>>2872081
He took snapshits of trashy fashion victims. Very good at what he did and a lot of people liked it. He carved his niche and he worked hard at it, gotta respect him for that.

But his pictures were never really worth keeping for any longer than the daily paper they appeared in.
>>
>>2870824
He used an FM2. That doesn't even have Auto, faggot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.