[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you store/organise your photos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: files-logo[1].jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
files-logo[1].jpg
16 KB, 600x600
How do you store/organise your photos?
>>
File: binder.jpg (644 KB, 872x1000) Image search: [Google]
binder.jpg
644 KB, 872x1000
negatives go in this binder, as do contact sheets

prints generally go back into one of my old paper boxes of the same size/type, which i have organized loosely by location/topic/year/whatever else strikes my fancy. some prints go into the binder too t b h

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.0.9
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
>>
>>2869452
I do it the best way I can
>>
File: 2016-06-23 23.30.53.jpg (1 MB, 1498x1195) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-23 23.30.53.jpg
1 MB, 1498x1195
simple

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelSM-P605
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2015:11:02 14:59:31
Focal Length3.40 mm
F-Numberf/2.4
>>
>>2869462
>when your garbage slavic cam/film/dev combo means that negative sleeves are the most expensive thing about film photography
>>
What about you digital folk? My current way is just a folder with the event name and sub folders for RAW and JPG on my desktop.

Considering upping my GDrive amount and storing on there as a backup too.
>>
>>2869580
On backups, skim this >>2866625 if you haven't already.
On file organization, I started out with
<top-level>/year/month/day/event with subfolders for raws and WIP, and never had a compelling reason to change. I suspect that consistency is more important that the actual structure.
>>
i have them by category (portrait, landscape, still life, etc) then by whatever event took place, all raws so i make a jpg folder when i edit
>>
I think adobe has a way of doing it automatically via the meta data.

I do it manually by:

Year:

then a separate place for projects/portfolio
>>
>>2869452

Digital folders alphabetically by the girl's name, with subfolders for each outfit/clothing. If it is a rare shot of something other than a girl, it goes in the miscellaneous folder, then descriptive subfolder.
>>
>>2869452
My 'To Edit' and 'Photo Storage' drive is an internal 1TB drive (separate from the boot SSD), with a shortcut to the 'To Edit' folder on my desktop. My 'External Backup' is a 2TB external pocket sized drive USB'd to the computer as a redundancy drive. I have 'To Edit', 'Photo Storage', and 'External Backup' as favorites in Bridge. Once the 1TB internal gets full, I copy it to fill up half of a new external 2TB drive, swap out the 1TB internal, and pack up the old 2TB external and the old 1TB internal. That way, I have at least the original of every file on at least 2 drives at any given time, and I have ready access to the most recent 1-2TB of photos that I have taken.

I also have this one major client who I shoot about half of my shoots for, and they give me unlimited Google Drive storage for the time being, so their work gets triplicated. I also deliver a lot of jobs through Zenfolio, so that's another backup.
>>
>>2869452
Got a script that takes a root folder, pulls exif data then moves the files into a folder structure sorted by year then month
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.