[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, so I like to do a range of artistic styles, from photography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: TESTpostpls_ignore.jpg (217 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
TESTpostpls_ignore.jpg
217 KB, 1224x1632
Hey, so I like to do a range of artistic styles, from photography to abstract digital as a hobby. And I was thinking of filling a niche with some of my art and ordering prints but I wanted to get some feedback.
I like to browse /p/ so I bring it here even though Im unsure if this is still considered photography because of how edited it is, feel free to let me have it.
>>
>>2868251
I personally don't consider it photography, I think it's a way to make uninteresting shots seem interesting, however, it doesn't really matter what I think. If you want to get them printed go for it, you'll probably get a lot of hate on this vietnamese catalog website
>>
Thats a reasonable complaint, I was unsure where this would fit in.
>>
>>2868251
boiiiii these suck. Not just from a photo standpoint but also in general. Maybe stoners would like them, but it doesn't even seem good for digital/psych art
>>
>>2868251
i could see it as a screenprint maybe, but it is not that great of an effect. however, i do still consider this photography.
>>
>>2868318
I was going for more of a neo-noir style, with neon colors to give it that sort of Times square/ Downtown Tokyo feel, without it actually being in the city. If that makes sense.
>>
So follow up question is:
What elements are this photo missing? What would make it more interesting to you?
>>
>>2868391
No you weren't, anon.
Couldn't be more obvious that you tried to imitate Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe screen print. Nothing creative or original here, every college art fag makes a lame attempt at this same meme.
inb4 b-but I was gonna make prints in different colors and hang them on my wall.
inb4 muh nose rings, neck tats, and ear gauges mean I'm legit artiste, man.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerPretty Pink
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (191 KB, 1000x792) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
191 KB, 1000x792
>>2868424
I wasn't. I feel like the Warhol has the pastel palette you'd see in the 50's, they have kind of a happy quality to it.
>>
>>2868462
>red
>fuchsia
>aqua
>yellow
>orange
yeah, you totally didn't just steal Warhol's colors, it's just a coincidence, that's all.
;)
>>
Hey cool! My old xsi used to get photos like that when my sensor started dying!
>>
>>2868602
Do you have any of them now?
>>
>>2868251
I'm gonna be honest with you bb
This looks like a fanfic between warhol and the infrared filter on iMac photobooths
>>
>>2868251
warhol did better like 50 years before
>>
>>2868424
What if you were to screen print photographs?
>>
this looks like that site picnik that was popular like in 2008, if you slid the saturation bar all the way up.
>>
>>2869051
Have you ever screenprinted before? It's very labor intensive and time consuming.
You take an image you want to screenprint and separate it by color in photoshop. So if you had two colors, you would have two photoshop images.
You print each image onto a transparency.
Get an art screen for screenprinting, and you coat it with a certain chemical.
The coated screen goes on a lightbox with the transparencies to burn on the image, then it has to dry for day or two.
Note - you have to burn a screen for each color. For example, say you want to print the USA flag. You could burn an image for the red stripes, a separate image for the blue corner, and then print on white background for the white stars and white stripes.
After the screens have setup and dried, you put your paper, cloth, or whatever you want to print underneath the screen. Squeeze some paint onto the screen, and then use a squeegee to swipe the paint through the screen. It takes practice and you'll need to watch a youtube tutorial to see how it's done.
If you're doing more than one color, you need to have a jig to hold your screens in the right place as you switch between colors.
Warning: it's very messy and the chemicals will get you high and kill your brain cells.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.