[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of Cameras make people look their best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 113.jpg (19 KB, 276x376) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
19 KB, 276x376
What kind of Cameras make people look their best
>>
>>2865411
Anything 85mm+ (essentially no difference between 85mm and 200mm for how faces look, but anything 15-30mm looks shit for faces) and after that it's mostly lighting (soft lighting for most females, hard lighting for men) and make-up/photoshop.
>>
>>2865411

85 all day. don't fall for the tele compression meme.
>>
Depends on the person. For some people the only camera suitable is one that does not work.

In terms of camera, usually the camera is only going to give you options for styles. If you love super shallow depth of field you will want something medium format (or if you are lucky enough large format). If you want to flatten out perspective a 35mm or aps-c with a 200+mm it will give you what has been considered normal or nice since the 1960's. compact cameras are great for accentuating the moment warts and all (this is what a "good selfie" takes advantage of).
Personally I think my next experiment will be with a achromat lens just to see if it is suitable or hipster crap.
>>
>>2865411
the kind that doesn't take pictures of ugly people
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.