[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /p/'s beef with Jared Polin? I like the guy, I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: JaredPolinFeatured.jpg (201 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
JaredPolinFeatured.jpg
201 KB, 800x1202
What is /p/'s beef with Jared Polin? I like the guy, I think he's quirky and he knows a fair bit about photography. I also really like his real world reviews.

Oh also "famous" Internet photographer thread.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2865358
I liked his older content, but in general it's good. It's just he shoves advertisements down your throat, but that can easily skipped past. He takes good looking photos.

The main thing I like the most about him is his 5-minute portrait segments that showed behind the scenes of a photoshoot without being boring like that other YouTuber TheNikonGuy I believe his name is. It helped me with my portrait work.
>>
He is trying to make money in his field. I would gladly take him shilling his products at me in a FREE VIDEO that he didn't have to make if it means I glean one little tidbit of knowledge from him for free. If you can handle his weirdness, which he call his branding, and maybe you're newer than by all means watch away.

I am hugely thankful for all the youtubers making content. Skip the shit that's trash. Watch lots and lots of shit. After a while you can learn to differentiate what is and is not trash.

Polin seems to have the business aspect and marketing down really well, jew jokes aside.
>>
I like his videos but everytime he says "Fro knows photos" I get really annoyed.
>>
>>2865358
Motörhead's 2004 album Inferno is better than all he ever did is all.
>>
>>2865358
well he got to fly around in a helicopter and had nothing to show for it
>>
>>2865416
JAAARED POLIN
FRO KNOWS
PHO-TOE
>>
>>2865536
DOT COM....
>>
Every few weeks the same stupid question how much we like Jewred Polskin. Is it you, Jared?
>>
"Fro knows phooootossss"

Yeah, that bugs me. Quite a bit actually.
>>
>>2865358
>What is /p/'s beef with Jared Polin?

simple...he killed Jesus
>>
>>2865358
I heard he talks to models and people he works with very poorly/rudely. I think he's just one of those people you can tell is such an elitist douchebag in person.

his videos are meh, to be honest
>>
I think he is attractive. I like his style and his sense of humor.
>>
I'd use that fucking hairdo of his to mop up my cum after I creampie his mom. Fucking wanker.
>>
File: 1445611545172.jpg (411 KB, 675x839) Image search: [Google]
1445611545172.jpg
411 KB, 675x839
JAAred
*fluffs afro*
Pol
*tips afro*
in
*move hands around*
FROO
*afro earthquake*
KNOOOWS
*brings out nikon*
photOHHHHHH
*shoots RAW*
dot
*looks menacingly and raises eybrows*
cawm

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:10:23 16:44:04
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width675
Image Height839
>>
>>2865358
He's alright. Though I laughed at that one video where he got kicked out of Six Flags because he needed to change his memeshirt.

Guess he won't be riding any of those new VR coasters or RMC upgraded woodies anytime soon, oh well.
>>
>>2865707
Fucking sixflags.
>>
>>2865358
I like his podcast mainly because of the two other guys on the show particularly when they call him out on his shit. But he comes off as an entitled douche that everyone placates because he signs their checks.
>>
>wearing shirts like this in public

fucking hell those are the worst types of ppl
>>
File: jew.webm (598 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
jew.webm
598 KB, 480x360
>>
Guy has an inspirational backstory, he's jacked asf, his photos AND critiques are good, and his channel makes for good background noise while editing pictures on my confuser.

Only complaint is that I, like many others, cringe at the "frooo-knoooows...PHOOO...TOOEEEE.....DOTCOMAND" bs but hey, it's memorable.
>>
>>2865358
I like him, he takes decent photos and he has a couple really good videos, I guess his main problem is that he's pretty annoying but honestly /p/ just hates every internet photography person
>>
His RX100 review made me cringe far more times than I can handle and I had to unsubscribe I'll leave you from two quotes from the video, by all means go and watch it yourself.

"If the panoramic mode does not work right it will leave black bars on either side, that's great as you can crop them off yourself"

"Because the viewfinder is not 100% accurate it allowed me to get this shot, it's a good thing"

I wish I was joking, I watched like 2 months ago and the words will never leave my brain that Jew is trying to shill to me and he can suck my cock.
>>
>>2865416
>>2865536
underrated
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (479 KB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
479 KB, 2880x1620
I like this guy's reviews, even though he never reviewed any camera that I actually used.
>>
>>2865358
RawTalk's great. I love Tod's banter.
>>
>>2865358
Anything he does do the opposite, seriously.

He LOVES wide photography. Which to me is just, one of my pet peeves. Like yeah, it's good for landscapes, but that's about it. Taking pictures of actual subjects with a really wide perspective ruins the intimacy.

Personally I'm a big Zack Arias and the angry photographer fan.
>>
pro-tip to jared polin is skipping the first 30 seconds because it usually includes his tag and a mini-shill for his own shit

I respect the dude because he's making hella money off of what we do but with narration and video to go along with it. I REALLY liked his gopro concert shit and there's only one other photographer I know of who does that (who adam elmakias here)

sometimes I put rawtalk on in the background because I don't have any friends to talk to about useless camera shit. sometimes he interviews cool people (danny clinch, ben folds, adam etc)

obviously he says some cringey shit and lots of his advice is poisonous (telling people not to crop ten pixels but being six foot yet using a step stool) but I think he pumps enough shit out to the point where it's at least easy to sift through and immediately know what's worth watching. he's kinda like the anthony fantano of photography

>>2866468
>jacked
lol

>>2865536
see ya
>>
I liked the content of the video where Jared spoke to college photography students. But RAW Talk is mostly inane banter with little or nothing to do with photography. Some people obviously do like it, but to me, it's a waste of my time.
>>
>>2866971
Why on earth do you need a review of camera that is already in your hands?
>>
>>2867381
Post-purchase rationalization. You want to hear people say nice things about what you own to make you feel better about your purchase and to quell any doubt.
I sure as hell went down that hole when I first got my A7 before I learned to live with the cuck shed that it is.
>>
>>2867335
You lost me at hella
>>
>>2867313
>angry photographer fan
Yeah, do the opposite of what this guy says
>>
>>2867403
you replied
>>
>>2867335
lol is this what new photographers think talking about photography is
oh my fuck I hope this world ends soon
>>
>>2867335
>I REALLY liked his gopro concert shit
>sometimes I put rawtalk on in the background
>he's kinda like the anthony fantano of photography

kys you fucking faggot.
>>
>>2865358
worst photog on youtube

may as well kill himself
>>
>>2867643
you're trying way too hard if you don't think a person talking about cameras and photos isn't talking about photography
>>2867812
lol
>>
>>2867875

cant read you anymore, gigcuck :^)
>>
>>2867877
you're gonna see the way you type words on the internet a few years from now and hate yourself the same way you did in 2010 and 2007
>>
File: ben.jpg (142 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
ben.jpg
142 KB, 900x900
https://www.youtube.com/user/benbrown100/videos

Camera SoftwareGoogle
>>
I hate his fro more than anything.
>>
File: Kai Wong.jpg (66 KB, 851x444) Image search: [Google]
Kai Wong.jpg
66 KB, 851x444
THE ONE AND ONLY

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width851
Image Height444
>>
>>2865703
Kek
>>
>>2865626
>I'd use that fucking hairdo of his to mop up my cum after I creampie his mom. Fucking wanker.
You do know his mom died of cancer?
>>
>>2865537
and welcome to raw talk
>>
>>2865626
>>2870284
The whole reason he has a fro is because of his dying mother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvzu8QLjLWk
>>
MANFROTTO KNOWS PHO TOE
>>
>>2869500
this.
>>
>>2865358
>t. (((Jared Polin)))
>>
>>2870284
*slide whistle*
>>
because he is a stupid dumbass and a massive fucking tool

see from 01:30 on in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_93oy4LC2zo
>>
ONE!
>>
>>2873558
No idea if you're referring to Jared or that fat fuck in the video but your comment works either way
>>
I saw a video where he was directing a model and he came off as really rude and self centred. That put me off him otherwise I didn't mind him so much
>>
>>2865358
he only critics others work and bitches about gear but his photos are crap
>>
>>2866971
water puddles

yeah, Camera Store TV is informative and well paced

Jared Polin is cringe.
>>
>>2873558
so how does one clean a lense? is this the correct method? the angry pho way?
>>
>>2869543
Kai is God
>>
>>2875650
>lense

Jesus fuck.
>>
>>2874366
so, he's /p/
>>
>>2875842
clean lenses
clean a lens
>german linse
>italian lente
>norwegian linse
>>
His stupid hair makes me want to cave his face in.

Apart from that he seems cool.
>>
Are there any photog youtubers that most of /p/ actually likes? Specifically ones that give good tutorials and aren't huge gearfags?
>>
>>2876266
yes
>>
>>2865707
<Using a trip code
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>2865552
Underated
>>
>>2865358
Although he does have good videos his style becomes annoying after a while. Also he creates content for the sake of creating content, sometimes being misinformed or completely oblivious about stuff (how mirrorless camera's work for example).

He could easily do less videos with more quality content.
>>
>>2865358
I find him obnoxious. His voice, the way he looks, his mannerisms. Prevents me from actually absorbing whatever information he is giving.
>>
>>2877402 a
Agreed. That video was cringe.
>>
He legitimately thinks his afro looks good.
But it makes him look like a cheesy disco queen
>>
Jewred, is it you again posting on 4chan?
>>
Curlbro that needs to hit his delts imo.
Also, his standard advice is just... standard advice, every photographer will give the same basics, even ken rockwell.
He's not that great but he know how to sell himself, which is what matters in the end.
That said, I hate his persona and someone here or in some forum posted her story about him (since it's a small town or something). The story is that he got a date through tinder or something, girl and jared meet, jared spends most of his time on the phone being awkward and ego stroking and that was it.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.