[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am completely new to this. I am interested in time lapse videos,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I am completely new to this. I am interested in time lapse videos, but I also want to take pretty picture when I see something beautiful when I hike or climb mountains.

I have been using my phone, but while it is decent, I want a professional device.

Can you please tell me which brands and models to look at? I might get a go pro for when I bike throughout the city,

Also, what is the role of photoshop? I always thought it would be better to look at unedited pictures, but I see lots of posts where they have been edited with photoshop.

I will do lots of research on how to set appropriate camera settings when using the camera/camcorder. I will also practice a lot.

And not to brag, but I like to take picture of girls in my bedroom, and I'd like to take them to a meadow or something and have model-like pictures which my phone is incapable of.

So what kind of professional camera am I looking for?

Thankyou for the help. I dont want to spend thousands as this is merely a hobby and a way to capture memories.
>>
>>2865293
Any entry compact camera (point & shoot) is better than your phone camera.

>I want a professional device
>dont want to spend thousands
>merely a hobby and a way to capture memories
So, you want a professional camera that is cheap, compact, and with a somewhat portrait/ boudoir/landscape/video capacity?

>So what kind of professional camera am I looking for?
Nikon D40. Next time, gear tread >>2862011
>>
>>2865302
Thank you; I'll post there, and I;look at the Nikon.
>>
>>2865293
>Can you please tell me which brands and models to look at?

no

>So what kind of professional camera am I looking for?

> this is merely a hobby

>professional
>hobby

pick one

If you want a dslr (google that)
then the kit lens should be fine for you
>>
>>2865308
Okay my budget is 1k. I can extend it to 3k but I'd rather not. I should have mentioned that.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.