[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
photographer thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: sugimoto-ohio-theater-1980.jpg (156 KB, 1024x795) Image search: [Google]
sugimoto-ohio-theater-1980.jpg
156 KB, 1024x795
does anyone here appreciate the work of Hiroshi Sugimoto? (pic related) I find his conceptual series rather captivating despite the esoteric and simplistic nature of them.

What are /p/s favorite photographers and fine art photogs

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2009:09:27 16:15:45
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1024
Image Height795
>>
Does anyone know the name of the photographer who did a series of very flat landscapes in Arizona I think it was? I think his last name was something along the lines of Klein. Very german sounding at the very least.
>>2865127
Definitely with you
>>
>>2865127
Seascape, still life and theater series are good shit. Esoteric and simplistic is right up my alley.
>>
>>2865305
>Esoteric

?
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 640x960
>>2865312

Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height960
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 950x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 950x960
I think my favourite landscape photographer is Michael Kenna. I like how he uses contrast to emphasise shape and line rather than detail. Lots of simplistic negative space

Image Width950
Image Height960
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 547x556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 547x556
The leading lines converge upon the central tree, giving it emphasis and making it stand out dispute it being identical to the countless others in the image.

Image Width547
Image Height556
>>
>>2865343
Lots of dodging and burning you mean. The straight neg would have looked *nothing* like this.
>it looks great tho
>>
>>2865342

?
>>
>>2865343
>Michael Kenna
Looking at his other works this is one of the few of him that I like. The others are so high in contrast, they look kind of cheesy and hella early 2000s.
>>
>>2865765
Oh yeah and the damn vignetting ruining things.
>>
>>2865127
His diorama series is my favorite.

>>2865343
Michael Kenna is a 6x6 wizard. Love his stuff.
>>
File: [email protected] (428 KB, 996x1000) Image search: [Google]
8202526@2x.jpg
428 KB, 996x1000
>>2865765
Check out his Japan work, it's stunning.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.