[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Pro2 Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: leica-m-black_front_1024.jpg (119 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
leica-m-black_front_1024.jpg
119 KB, 1024x768
Using the X-Pro2 I've noticed that there's an AF (or maybe metering) sound made when using the OVF in brighter light. No sound in the EVF, and no sound using the OVF in low light.

I'm using the 90/2 LM which focuses silently usually. Has anyone else noticed this, or have an explanation?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeLeica Camera AG
Camera ModelR8 - Digital Back DMR
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2012:08:31 19:36:31
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/22.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length180.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1024
Image Height768
>>
>>2861405
what the heck are you shooting at 90mm in low light

are you a voyuer???
>>
>picture of leica M

is this a troll post
>>
>>2861405
It's the sound of the emergency light valve. If there is too much light in the camera (at very bright conditions for example), the light valve openes, and light escapes until the pressure decreases to a safe level.
>>
How come the XPro2 feels like a plasticky piece of shit? The XT1 felt pretty solid in hand, and didnt have the plasticky hollow feel. There's a big swath of space on the back next to the AF nipple that's useless too.
>>
>>2861548
attach a 16-55 for a good solid feel. agreed though. xpro2 feels hallow. i wouldn't say plasticy, but not as dense as it looks like it should feel.
>>
>>2861593
holy x-pro2
>>
>>2861452
Shooting street while naked, so yeah.
>>
Not a single practical advantage this camera has over say, a 5diii or d750 or even an a7ii

> inb4 compact size
Stop this meme
>>
>>2861637
Not any more of a meme than
>muh megapickles
>muh full frame
>>
>>2861637
People buy the camera because they like it. The same reason people buy other cameras. You may like your a7rii because you're a worthless pixelfag who will never take an interesting photo in your life. Sally might like her canon 80d because she's a chav fucking cutting attention whore. Michael may like his xpro2 because he likes the way it looks and feels in his hands more than he cares about the camera functioning fast enough to catch a sleeping koala bear in action. Every likes different cameras for different reasons, and almost all new cameras with large sensors can produce great images in the right hands, though most of them never will.
>>
>>2861548
I wouldn't call it plasticy, but I agree that it's kind of hollow feeling. It's the magnesium construction doing it, combined with being a larger camera with basically the same guts so there's probably more empty space inside it.

>>2861637
Compact size is absolutely an advantage for many people, though. I know that I sure as hell appreciate it compared to my previous FF Nikon setup, since I do events that have me lugging my gear around for as many as 5 days straight.

That aside, though, the real advantage of this camera is the files. Not the detail or the resolution, but the general look and feel of them. I know that doesn't matter to much of /p/, people who'll go out for a weekend of shooting and be happy with 3 solid shots that they can then spend the next month tweaking to perfection in post, but as somebody who has to deliver dozens of edited and retouched photos in a timely fashion, it's a real boon. I just edited one of my first real shoots with the camera, and was stunned to find myself finished in less than two hours, when it would have been a half-day process with my D610's files. That's an absolute boon.
>>
File: 1461292409901.jpg (73 KB, 361x405) Image search: [Google]
1461292409901.jpg
73 KB, 361x405
>x-pro 2
>fuji

Why would any one get this when sony and pentax offer better cameras.
>>
>>2861637
An A7II has the best sensor around, but the shutter is loud as fuck and the software is sluggish.

A 5DIII is super fast and the photos look great but I like to expose right to the point where my first highlight starts to go. Doing this without an EVF requires chimping with blinkies.

A D750, same as above except it takes better photos than the 5D and its shutter shatters the earth beneath my feet. Nice video though.

Everything has its highs and lows. Maybe it's the Zack Arias et al. echo chamber that invites this scrutiny, but I don't understand how Fuji's cameras are declared failures when they fall short of besting every other pro-grade camera.

The X-Pro2 AF is fast (for real this time). But some other bits still suck, and they've introduced new things to suck, like the ISO dial.

Advantage over 5D3 => EVF
Advantage over D750 => Same, and shutter.
Advantage over A7II => Manual controls, shutter, sync speed(?).

I think those are all practical. Not just muh rangefinder. Though definitely..muh rangefinder.
>>
>>2861720
I left a sony for this very X-Pro2. The sony took fantastic photos but I didn't like using it. Honestly i'm not sure I like the X-Pro2 either, but it's closer. Pentax, I don't know, I haven't looked into it. But I guess I'll just shoot 645
>>
>>2861720
Pentax? yes, in some ways, not in others. Sony, well simply just no.
>>
>>2861750
>sony, just no

What meme reasons have you decided on this time
>>
>>2861752
The same reason why I didn't buy the Sony option when I got my camera. It does everything decently but as a jack of all trades it's not particularly good in many aspects.
When I bought my camera I wanted something that is excellent in stills, not a single care about video, easy access to old manual lenses, great interface and ergonomics and good burst rate for wildlife. With the added need for astrophotography I narrowed down my initial options from Sony NEX 6/A6000, Nikon D5200, Canon 700D and Pentax K-50 to Nikon D5200 and Pentax K-50, then on to Pentax and found a good deal on a used K-3.
Those I was looking at were all good for most, but I chose on my own needs not on some brand shilling forum posters preferences.
And why would you choose something that is only good at most when you can choose something that is also good at most and excellent in a few other ways?
>>
i'd drain both my bank and my balls if Zeiss brought Loxia to Fuji. The only thing I loved about Sony's system...aside from IQ.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.