[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really new to cameras. Picked this up at a garage sale. Do any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 20160611_084011.jpg (4 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160611_084011.jpg
4 MB, 3984x2988
Really new to cameras. Picked this up at a garage sale. Do any of you guys know anything about it or how to maintain it? Any information on this would be helpful.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSAMSUNG-SM-G920A
Camera SoftwareG920AUCU3CPD6
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.9
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3984
Image Height2988
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:06:11 08:40:11
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/1.9
Brightness2.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashFlash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3984
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDA16LLIC08SM A16LLIL02GM_
>>
Let me know if guys need some more pictures.
>>
Oh my god it's this thing.
>>
>>2861153
Damn. I don't want to say you did well. You did interestingly. Your best bet is probably just to put that somewhere to show your grandkids and buy a real camera.
>>
>>2861153
Is that a fucking Canon TLR?

I wonder what other crazy shit these companies are hiding in the bowels of their catalogues.
>>
>OPTICAL LENS!
>FOCUS FREE!
Holy shit I am free to focus on those gorgeous OPTICAL FUCKING LENS!
How cool is that?
>>
>>2861249

No, it's a shitty fixed-focus point and shoot. The body is just made to look like an slr, and it's a total piece of garbage. It's basically a toy camera.
>>
>>2861261
That's hilarious.

Is that a hot shoe on the camera's left side? Where nothing could possibly fit?
>>
>>2861264

Looks like it. You're gonna need a flash often with that blazing fast f/6.3 lens.
>>
>>2861264
I think those abominations have a flash stand bracket you hav to screw on the bottom of the camera and have a flash cord running from the hotshoe to the flash itself. At least the flash placement makes a lot more sense then those flippy-uppy things on todays DSLRs.
>>
File: Fake_Canon_Camera_0.jpg (713 KB, 1500x1044) Image search: [Google]
Fake_Canon_Camera_0.jpg
713 KB, 1500x1044
>>2861270
>his prosumer t/slr socanicon didn't come with a blinding pro versatile accessory flash

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot A95
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Lens Size7.81 - 23.41 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.00
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2011:07:26 15:03:03
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Red-Eye Reduce
Focal Length7.81 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1044
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeAv-Priority
Focus TypeClose-Up (Macro Mode)
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed Rating50
SharpnessNormal
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeSingle
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeRed-Eye Reduction (On)
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeMacro
Subject Distance0.250 m
White BalanceCustom
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed128
Image Number100-0079
>>
>>2861261
>fixed-focus
is that not a focus ring on the end of the lens then?
>>
>>2861306
It's either fake or is used to control the aperture.
>>
>>2861283
Is... is that a tiny small flash hidden inside a big flash housing?
>>
>>2861306

It's fake.
>>
>>2861315
>control the aperture
implying
>>
>>2861324
Look at the little aperture window on top of the lens.

You can definitely control aperture.

>>2861283
You can see aperture numbers here.
>>
/r/ing screenshots from the thread where some poor bastard bought like 10,000 of these things.
>>
>>2861324
I don't think it uses actual f-stops but probably probably something like clouds, trees, people, sun, etc.
>>
>>2861325
It's a fixed focus lens, you can't control the aperture because the system relies on wide angle and closed aperture for a wide DOF to have the hyperfocal distance close enough.
Even if you are allowed to control the aperture I bet it is a simple dual aperture plate selector between f/8 and f/16. Utterly useless.
>>
Op here, I only paid $2 for this
>>
>>2861283
>>2861153
I looked it up and I think it's a Canon q8200
>>
>>2861375
It is still an insult to monetary values.
>>
>>2861379
It was at a garage sale, the owner only had it because the people he lived with got kicked out and left it. He doesn't know anything about cameras either.
>>
>>2861325
>Look at the little aperture window on top of the lens.

That's the focus distance, silly.
>>
Looks like that lens is actually really tiny, but they put a huge housing around it to make it look like a proper DSLR lens.
>>
>>2861383
Nope, it's a fixed focus lens. Shutter is fixed as well and the aperture is used to adjust exposure.
>>
>>2861375
$2 too much desu senpai
>>
It's the famous scamera! Such a weird camera

http://www.japancamerahunter.com/2012/10/camera-review-the-dl-9000-aka-the-scamera-by-joe-aguirre/
>>
>>2861384
Not to mention "FOCUS FREE" and "OPTICAL LENS" written on the actual glass of the front element.
>>
>>2861625
>http://www.japancamerahunter.com/2012/10/camera-review-the-dl-9000-aka-the-scamera-by-joe-aguirre/

I personally love mine. It was well worth all of the buck I paid for it.
Not even kidding - one of the best toy/lomo cameras I have played with.

My favorite part is that the single element meniscus lens has so much field curvature that the gate for the film (and the pressure plate on the back) is curved so as to sort of correct for that. The springloaded plate is loose, so if you whack the camera on your palm, you can actually pick which specific side or corner of the frame you want the blurriness to be on.
Also, the waterhouse stop is an insanely small aperture to try to make the lens reasonable, but if you open it up a couple stops with a small drill bit you get wonderful coma, uncorrected astigmatism, curvature, the works. Actually comes out looking halfway like old plate camera shots taken with old brass portrait lenses.
Fun. Try one some time. Worth a buck.
>>
>>2861689

Also, bust out that fake UV filter on the front. Just a sheet of plexi. Totally kills contrast and adds shit tons of veiling flare, but useless for ghosting flare even if you wanted it.
>>
>>2861689
I've seen them around in thrift stores so I'll pick one up.

Surprised the Lomo fuckers aren't all over these, they make some pretty fun looking images
>>
>>2861694
You can find them on Lomo if you look hard enough; it's just that they're under so many names so it's hard to just fine one tag that covers them all.
>>
>>2861330
Can someone post this im interested
>>
>>2861689
Sounds awesome. Any shots from it you'd like to share?
>>
50mm f6.3???

lol!
>>
Whenever somebody makes a thread dedicated to a camera they want to buy we need to buy a bunch of these from our local thrift stores, relist them on ebay with a significantly higher price of what they were worth initially and convince the OP it's one of the best cameras ever made.

Bonus points if they rage when they figure out it's not digital.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.