[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to Photography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: File Jun 04, 10 58 52 PM.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
File Jun 04, 10 58 52 PM.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
I just inherited a Pentax 'program plus' from my mom. She never used it and gave it to me a week ago. I just got it up and running, and am thinking about getting into photography as a small hobby maybe. Any tips or pointers I should know?
Also, is there anyone else who is just starting out?
>>
The first place you go to for tips or pointers is 4chan? You need a lot more help than just that.
>>
Just go out there and shoot.
Don't copy others and develop your own style.
>>
>>2855967
Exposure triangle, diffraction, depth of field
These are the things you have to look up on the internet. Develop your film at a lab and ask for the negatives.
>>
File: wat.png (15 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
15 KB, 300x168
>>2855967
Try going to places where you can get a good shot

For example Mountains,or pepe the frog,if you are not near then go to the park,if in your city theres no park then go to a place where you like.
>>
>>2855967
give you $50 for the body.
>>
Are there any decent 'photography for dummies' books/lessons out there that anyone would recommend?

I know practically fuck all about photography but want to get into it. I wanna learn the basics before shelling out for a camera.
>>
>>2857230
Tony Northrup has a Youtube series with a load of bare basics tutorials that might be worth checking out. Helped me get to grips with the general idea.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.