[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nikon DF2 - how nikon should do it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: silver34.jpg (513 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
silver34.jpg
513 KB, 1280x960
1) Thinner body.

2) Dual card slot

3) D750 sensor

4) Silent and stepper motor in-body AF motor

5) Phase Detection Live View AF

6) Less buttons, more dials.

7) Connector for external af motor, for use with manual lenses.

8) 4k 120fps filming capabilities.
This would be awesome!
>>
>>2855887
Nikon really shouldn't at all.
They should stick with what they are good at.
>>
>External AF motor
It still won't have a switchable ground glass.
>>
>>2855887
nikon df2 wishlist

> make it a X-T2
>>
>>2855887
How they should actually do it: remove autofocus, make it a digital Nikon F3 with a more flexible metering system and aperture by wire (so it works with G lenses).
>>
>>2855932
fujifag please go back to your containment thread
>>
>>2856028

I cummed
>>
>>2855887
Why the fuck do you want 4K@120 in a camera that's the least suited to video on the entire market?

>>2855915
This.
Nikon should make up their mind whether they want Df to be a full retrofag camera (basic feature set, mechanical dials, ground glass) or a retro-styled camera with modern capabilities a la OM-D. So far it's a rather shitty compromise between the two.
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (52 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
52 KB, 640x478
>>2855932
>>
File: tfw no ff.png (9 KB, 400x479) Image search: [Google]
tfw no ff.png
9 KB, 400x479
>>2855932
If only Fuji had full frame sensors so I could put my manual Nikon glass on it properly.
>>
>>2856258
Just buy a speedbooster. Zyonghi speedboosters are pretty good.
>>
>>2856264
Last time I checked, they were shit, especially with fast lenses.
Is mkII that much better?
>>
>>2856267
My M42 one absolutely quality
>>
I'm fairly certain the focus screens are interchangeable.

The Df is a good cam for what it is, okay the 2007-era menus are annoying but otherwise it's nice. Go play with one.
>>
>>2856346
>I'm fairly certain the focus screens are interchangeable.

No, officially they're not. But with some dexterity, you can pull out the retention frame and replace the screen with a third-party one, just like on any other Nikon DSLR.
>>
>>2855887
mirrorless.
>>
>>2856405
Mirrorless F-mount is retarded, and Nikon has no other options for retrofags.
>>
File: ZURSILVERBODY-2.jpg (116 KB, 1024x770) Image search: [Google]
ZURSILVERBODY-2.jpg
116 KB, 1024x770
If Pentax can do it, why can't Nikon?
>>
>>2856258

>implying Fuji needs to go FF

go buy a sony faggot

Why the fuck would you want Fuji to go FF? Not only is it against their mirrorless philosophy, its a fucking stupid idea.

>Hey lets take those small camera bodies that are gloriously designed and assrape it with a fucking FF sensor so some faggot can use his inferior Nikon lenses, oh and while youre at it make sure you increase the fucking size of all the superior fucking fuji lenses.

Do you have no fucking concept of diminishing returns you fucking faggot?

God I fucking hate all you fuckheads, thankfully I happen to know that Fuji will not be going FF and if they go to a larger format it will be MF.

>hey you can read rumors good for you asshole

Lol yeah, thats right... I know because of the rumors

Enjoy your no FF Fuji cameras cunt
>>
>>2856389

Whoa hold on I played with one very recently and I swear it had the drop tab my Canon has to swap the screen
>>
>>2856427
u wot m8? The only similarity to Df is the silver top plate, it's got no mechanical dials and limited support for ancient lenses.

>>2856501
Apparently it doesn't, but replacing the screen isn't neurosurgery either.
>>
>>2856516
Yeah I totally agree, it is actually usable and has all the compatibility for newer and older glasses. And it doesn't really need special nostalgia designed fake aperture ring lens to look good.
>>
>>2856519
>all the compatibility for newer and older glasses

If you're talking about K-3, then no, it doesn't - it has no open aperture metering on old glass, and, of course, it's crop. Df works with everything F-mount natively.
>>
>>2856531
Then you never used one. I have metering on M42 glass on all aperture settings.
The body doesn't know what the aperture is set to, but the metering exposes correctly.
>>
>>2856550
Do you know what "open aperture metering" means?

Protip: M42 lenses don't have it by design.
>>
>>2856553
Who cares? i set the aperture ring, push the shutter button and I get a correctly exposed photo. That's it.
>>
>>2856550
That's because M42 lenses are always stopped down to working aperture on K-3 - you have to set them to M, since the camera cannot operate the aperture control pin.

With old K-mount lenses, digital Pentaxes will keep the lens wide open for easier focusing, but will only meter if you press the green button to momentarily stop it down. Old Pentax cameras, however, can keep the lens wide open and meter at the same time because they have an extra lever in the mount to determine what aperture the lens is set to.
>>
>>2856553
Also if I want open aperture metering then I have loads of A series lens to choose from, senpai
>>
>>2856556
But... I mean... on PAPER, which is what really matters... you don't have the thing
>>
>>2856561
It still works without any added effort.
>>
>>2856561
Seriously, who cares if you have to deal with a dim viewfinder and inaccurate focusing when you want to shoot at f/8.
>>
>>2856561
>on PAPER
Seriously, kys
>>
>>2856562
>without any added effort.
Except pulling the aperture ring back and forth every time you want to shoot at a small aperture with M42. And dealing with stuck M42 adapters. And finding ways to fix that stupid pin on lenses that don't have an M/A switch. And pushing a button every time you want a meter reading on Pentax-M.
>>
>>2856566
>stuck M42 adapters
I take you didn't take the small screw and latch off the first time you got the adapter.
Well that sucks, but it's your own stupidity. BTW the Pentax original adapter works just fine, the problems are with the cheap chinese copies.
>>
>>2856568
>I take you didn't take the small screw and latch off the first time you got the adapter.

>without any added effort.
>>
>>2855887
>Thinner body
>Dual card slot
>4k 120fps filming capabilities
Does not compute.

>Silent and stepper motor in-body AF motor
Except NIkon can't do that.

>Connector for external af motor, for use with manual lenses.
And predate the sale of new lenses?

>D750 sensor
When the D750 sells already?

>Phase Detection Live View AF
Oh, come on, an Alpha 7 is what you want!
>>
>>2856573
>I'm too dumb to handle a screwdriver
Can you be any more of a faggot?
>>
>>2855887
My idea for a DF2 is pretty different.

>Body is basically a digital F3
>Interchangeable viewfinders and focusing screens
>USB 3.1 type C
>Electronic shutter akin to the Nikon 1 series that would allow for 60fps burst
>D1-tier 1/500 flash sync
>Same AF system as the v3
>Dedicated shutter speed dial instead of mode dial
>>
>>2856519
>>2856556
>>2856560
>>2856561
>>2856563
>>2856568
>has all the compatibility yay!
>except not all the compatibility, also you need a screwdriver
>proceeds to calling people faggots

typical pentaxfags, lol.

>meanwhile df actually has *all* the compatibility
>>
File: DF and FM2.jpg (252 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
DF and FM2.jpg
252 KB, 1024x678
Reminder.
>>
>>2856592
>meanwhile df actually has *all* the compatibility
Not for M42 lenses.

BTW who said you need a screwdriver for K-mount lenses let alone an adapter on a Pentax body?
>>
>>2856597
Nikon never made M42 lenses, so why would it have it?
>>
>>2856601
>that backpedaling
Pentax made a better, more usable retro styled DSLR. FACT. Has all the compatibility on K-mount and M42 lenses. FACT. You are only trying to come up with weak and false excuses for defending a failed product. FACT. The Nikon DF is a joke. FACT.
>>
>>2856604
>Pentax made a better, more usable retro styled DSLR.
Lie. The only "retro" thing in it is silver paint on top.

>Has all the compatibility on K-mount and M42 lenses. FACT.
Lie. The mount isn't called "crippled KAF" for nothing. And did we forget the elephant in the room that is crop?

>You are only trying to come up with weak and false excuses for defending a failed product. FACT.
Lie. I said that Df has all the compatibility with F-mount glass in >>2856531 and it's 100% true.

>The Nikon DF is a joke. FACT.
Lie. I see it in every second camera store while Pentax is nowhere to be found.

The only FACT here is pentaxfag tears, because Pentax can't even match the shitty Df.
>>
File: gearfags.png (11 KB, 922x175) Image search: [Google]
gearfags.png
11 KB, 922x175
>this thread
>>
1) Nikon F-size/shape body

2) Ground glass focusing screen for MF (interchangeable screens would be nice)

3) Fix the problems with the dials. Pick one interface.

Nikon needs to go big or stay the fuck home.
>>
>>2856628
I highly doubt they can make it thinner due to the sensor+PCB+screen sandwich.

But if it's pigfat anyway, they could at least put IBIS in there.
>>
>>2856649
see >>2856427
It is thinner and has IBIS
>>
>>2856667
it's also not ff
>>
>>2856668
FF is a meme
>>
>>2856672
Wait, you pentax cucks still think FF is a meme even though K-1 was released?
>>
>>2856672

arbitrarily shitting on a format because you're too broke to afford to shoot it is a meme
>>
>>2856677
>says the guy who's "shot 6x7 exclusively for the last 3 years" but has no pictures to show for it cos he can't afford to develop them
That's the true definition of not being able to afford to shoot a format, Sugar.
And broke-ass clown with a $300 5Dinosaur can shoot FF for practically nothing, as you so ably demonstrate.
>>
I could have put up with all the other ridiculous decisions if they put a good screen in the damn thing.
The mode dial should be "P/S/M" and not lift and turn. The only knobs that should have a lock on them are the ISO knob and the shutter speed dial when it is set to 'A,' which is where that belongs not on the mode dial.
It should be smaller OR better equipped. The size if fine if it actually had dual SD slots or higher FPS, or if it was able to take a battery grip. I used my FE with the MD11 motor drive most of the time, it's wacky that this thing doesn't have a grip.

All that said, if the K1 continues to be oos everywhere I might pick up a used one to poke around with.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.