[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ETERNAL BAG GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1M2A9501.jpg (247 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1M2A9501.jpg
247 KB, 1000x667
>This thread should exist, we do not need bag threads for every different style of bag (previous backpacking photography thread was made with no bag general).

I need a camera backpack for traveling, it needs to have quick access, it needs to hold a fairly large tripod, it needs to NOT look like an absolute piece of shit (i.e. I AM A FUCKING CAMERA BAG, STEAL ME!) and it needs to NOT cost $1,000

Any recommendations?

I was looking at the Wotancraft Commander but it is $750USD, I would feel like an absolute asshole spending that much on a bag even if it is finely crafted.

Thanks

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
File: 1386294-trashbag.jpg (18 KB, 320x298) Image search: [Google]
1386294-trashbag.jpg
18 KB, 320x298
>Autism general thread
Here, you can store all your gear here.
>>
>>2850456
>we do not need bag threads for every different style of bag (previous backpacking photography thread was made with no bag general).
You're right, we don't need threads for this shit. Measure your camera/gear, look at the measurements for a bag before buying. /thread
>>
>>2850461

hahaha funny post man

>post a garbage bag in every bag thread
>le meme face
>>
>>2850465

I am going to keep posting this thread lol
>>
I just use some jansport messenger bag I got at goodwill for five dollars and a 20 dollar squishy camera divider from amazon

Holds an slr of some sort and two large lenses along with a t61 thinkpad and chargers for both
>>
>>2850467
>le mad autist post of the person who can't even buy a bag without asking for approval in a chinese cartoons anonymous board
>>
File: kanken.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kanken.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
get a Kanken with the photo insert
>>
>>2850456
The fact that you actually considered spending $750 on a fucking bookbag is concerning. You need to take a step back and look at yourself dude. Maybe go a month without touching your camera. I've went way overboard on hobbies before too, so I know what its like to be in a state of mind where shit like that seems rational.

Anyway to answer your question I would check out backpacks at a store like REI. I personally use a military style bag that i got off of Amazon for like $40 because its sturdy enough and has enough compartments that i don't really need to use a second, padded bag inside. Plus it has mole straps that i can hang my tripod and shit off of.
>>
>>2850583
This, the fact that OP is looking for DISCREET CAMERA BAG DO NOT STEAL yet purpose-built bags are even in consideration tells me he just wants to buy more gear.
>>
>>2850795

I want a backpack that I can carry while traveling overseas that has a quick access pouch fr when I want to get my camera out

NO non purpose built backpack has a quick access area for getting out a camera.

>Want to carry my camera equipment when I am traveling
>Want to be able to get my camera without taking a fucking backpack ff my back and fucking around while I get it out

>hurrdurr get a regular backpack
>>
>>2850456

>Wotancraft Commander

you can get hand made waxed canvas backpacks for half that money.
>>
Recommendations for a small bag or small insert for little mirrorless kit? I have a big camera bag but it's ridiculous for my small kit, and carrying that plus backpack (for laptop etc.) is not practical. I also have an insert from Aliexpress, but that's also too big for my smaller bags and backpack.
>>
>>2850812
Backpacks are not for quick access to things.
Wear a camera strap. Or if you're completely insufferable, a shoulder bag holster for it.

Having your camera in a backpack, "quick release" marketing or not, is how you miss photos.
If you don't wanna carry a camera, don't take a camera. If you wanna carry a camera, carry the fucking camera.
>>
>mfw I started last bag thread
>mfw /p/ somehow was right and realized it's stupid to spend a lot of money on useless stuff like bags
>mfw I see this thread
kek
>>
>>2850942
>confirmed for never having backpacked
>inb4 lol backpackers are lame
>inb4 lol I travel around USA in a car
>>
>>2850889
seconding
>>
>>2850957
If you are actually backpacking, you'll probably wear a pack with waist belt and have more shit than just camera gear and tripod, and there is no such thing as quick access as soon you get into those.

>>2850456
>it needs to hold a fairly large tripod
It's a target for theft as soon as you have that strapped on. In large cities it'll be a target regardless of look. You're just looking for justification for buying that $750 pos.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.