[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not a photographer. I've been asked to take photos/videos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I'm not a photographer.

I've been asked to take photos/videos of a world famous event in Sunday with a Canon 1100D and a single 18-55mm lens.

I've never used a DSLR before

Please send help.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2016:05:25 10:46:22
Image Height955
Image Width647
>>
set your camera to the 'P' mode
take a shitton of photos
???
profit

that's literally what 90% of the 'pros' do
>>
>>2847474
Indoors or outdoors? Lighting/time of day? How close can you get? You might look into renting equipment, like a flash, maybe a diffuser. If you can't get close to your target you may need a telescopic lens.
>>
>>2847474
do ur best and have fun :^)
>>
File: 666[1].jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
666[1].jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>2847496

both, mainly outdoor however and during the daytime (1pm-6pm)

some of the time i'll be 1 metre away (people), other times i'll be 50 metres away (race track). it has a built in flash.

what shutter speed is good for really fast moving objects? and does shutter speed have a big role to play in taking photos of people from about 3 metres away in normal daylight?
>>
I've been in the same situation, although I knew my camera well.
Canon 1100D isn't that bad, unless it's a really famous event. Are you the only one who would take pics? If yes, that event is no bigger than a boy scouts' jamboree.
Take your time, slowly yet thoroughly examine your camera, learn how to set adequate white balance, how to adjust ISO to the daylight quickly, go outdoors every day for a couple of hours and learn to switch exposure and shutter speed quickly, go to the closest highway and shoot some moving cars.
You'd probably need a lens hood and a tripod.
Also,
>50 meters
that's pretty much to get a detailed pic, why don't you ask for permission to take pics closer?
>>
Btw, don't shit out of luck, make sure you got enough empty space at your memory card and the battery is full.
>>
>>2847525
>what shutter speed is good for really fast moving objects?
the faster the better, I'd avoid anything more than 1\50, that's why you'll need a tripod. Guess, you can take it on lease for a couple of days, look for that in your photoshops.
>>
>>2847525
shoot raw, it'll let you change things like white balance, which will probably be wrong in most pics. As some anon said before, set your camera on "p" mode, so you can make sure speed never goes below 1/50. Set iso on auto, and download a decent noise reduction program. Practice as much as you can in similar enviroments before the event and you'll be fine.
>>
>>2847536
>>2847525
Depends what you define as "fast". People moving through crowds will need 1/100th or faster, cars will need 1/1000th or faster
>>
Get memory cards and a spare battery. Indiscriminately hold down the shutter button. Done.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.