[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your book collection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: 4.jpg (121 KB, 1000x564) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
121 KB, 1000x564

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-E1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)32 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:25 02:13:48
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating2000
Lens Aperturef/4.4
Brightness-3.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length21.40 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height564
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2847353

dude books lmao
>>
>>2847353
>mark cohen
>cohen

DROPPED
>>
File: IMG_3995.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3995.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1200
ok

Horizontal Resolution320 dpi
Vertical Resolution320 dpi
>>
>>2847458
>a pile

triggered.
>>
>>2847461
It's the only way I could get them in one picture, dont worry they're not left like that all the time
>>
File: barrel distortion.jpg (972 KB, 1700x1472) Image search: [Google]
barrel distortion.jpg
972 KB, 1700x1472
>implying I speak English
>>
File: 20160525_173040.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160525_173040.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>2847548
sup
mirin some of these, i should get some technical books as well

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G900F
Camera SoftwareG900FXXS1BPCL
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)31 mm
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Image Created2016:05:25 17:30:40
Exposure Time1/33 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness0.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.80 mm
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDF16QLHF01VB
>>
>>2847625
whoops sorry for the huge ass pic, thats what i get for using my mobile to take photos
>>
>thread gets derailed by a load of poles
>no maciej dakowicz
get out
>>
>>2847625
Knew laying them out'd be useful to someone out there. I got all of these at a local flea market for scrap value (2-5zł ea) and to be honest read 14 from cover to cover, thoroughly enjoying the quaint old-timey prl outlook on phography. Figured I'd learn how stuff works before attempting figuring out what or how to shoot. Crawl b4 you run sort of thing. Plus it appeases my inner gearfag and helps with all the local gear you come across in these parts. Would love to recommend you some stuff if you tell me what exactly you're looking for/wanna read about.
Also: http://picresize.com
>>
I usually only borrow books from the library, might buy some in the future

Currently reading Brasilia by Buri, The new industrial parks near irvine california by Baltz and the Americans finally
>>
File: books.jpg (85 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
85 KB, 1000x750
Things without names on the spine are a pamphlet on location lighting, some gallery bs, and "Onondaga Landscapes"

Opinion: Art books > photo books if you're looking for reference

>>2847548
The infrared and filter books look pretty cool

Image Width1000
Image Height750
>>
>>2847710
I don't speak German but couldn't pass up a professional scientific publication on the entirety of IR imaging knowledge in the late 50ies ('57) for a pittance. Google translate ftw.
Got the filters book (mostly concerned /w bw film) for the lightmetering part, prolly the most useful info I've gotten from all of'em combined, practice-wise.
>>
>>2847353

>photobooks

nice. enjoy being a creative cuck.
>>
>>2848213
>reading books is bad

nice one, America.
>>
>>2847353
Why would I buy a book? The internet makes everything free; let me guess
>A physical book makes the images POP
>It just FEELS good to have a PHYSICAL PHOTO
>IT'S JUST A DIFFERENT FEELING MAN

lol sorry I will never fall for the meme of physical media.
>>
>>2847356
>>2848213
>>
>>2848219
>I will never fall for the meme of seeing a photographers full body of work instead of a few measly pages they keep on their portfolio
>>
>The Decisive Moment
>Magnum Contact Sheets
>Nick Brandt: On This Earth/A Shadow Falls/Across the Ravaged Land trilogy
>Gregory Heisler: 50 Portraits
>Dan Winters: Road to Seeing
>/p/ Photo Book 2014
>The Photographer's Handbook
>Bruce Barnbaum: The Art of Photography
This should be the recommended introduction book on /p/ by the way, I don't know why people suggest that Understanding Exposure garbage

I have a pretty basic collection, I should try to find some more hip obscure stuff. I'm not really sure what I want next. I also kind of want to buy physical copies of The Camera, The Negative, and The Print. I've skimmed through PDFs of the books but it's not the same as a real book.
>>
>>2848422
speaking of the /p/ book: what happened to the 2015 one? I mean it's almost June ffs
>>
>>2848426
The fact that the book never got made is an artistic statement about the quality of work in /p/ in 2015.
>>
>>2848430
I think it's more a statement of Eggy being a lazy fuck
>>
>>2848422
I have Road to Seeing, it's absolutely wonderful.
Where to cop The Art of Photography for free online until I can afford to buy the paper edition later this summer?
>>
>>2848441
It's in the sticky http://www.mediafire.com/download/6o7a9494a1dhg9l/The+Art+of+Photography.pdf
>>
>BOOKS SUCK
>owning any /p/ book
you guys are...yeah
>>
File: muh books.png (4 MB, 1840x2412) Image search: [Google]
muh books.png
4 MB, 1840x2412
i've only got the one photography book from my dad
>>
>>2848473
nice photobooks
>>
>>2848476
lel my dads got a bunch from when he used to freelance but i've only got the one he gave me. although technically the OP doesnt specifically call for photobooks :^)
>>
>>2848215
>>2848220
>>2848460

Lol nice sanctimony, faggots.

I've owned photo books and monographs longer than you kids have "been into" photography.

Owning photo books? Great.
Talking about the photographs inside those photo books? Great.
Posting a picture of your collection with no discussion? Masturbatory fluff. Fuck this recent trend and fuck these threads.
>>
>>2848446
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/6o7a9494a1dhg9l/The+Art+of+Photography.pdf
nice, thanks.
art here we come
>>
>>2848568
or something like that
>>
>>2847548
It's interesting and sad to me that there are entire constellatons of knowledge that will pass into obscurity unacknowledged by civilisation because they were conceived in some dogshit slavic language that the russians will eventually bomb out of existence in their constant quest for more potato fields.
>>
>>2848219
if you find pdfs of full books, please post it here. fuking piece of ignorant shit
>>
>>2848566
its intended to watch books that other people have, and then possibly, discover new books. retard
>>
>>2848927

No it's not. ;)
>>
>>2848219
Ebooks of books without illustration are fine, they're less fun but totally usable and practical.

But if you think a poorly scanned photobook is anywhere near as good as a physical book on high quality paper with high quality printing then you're retarded.
>>
>>2848931
yes
>>
>>2848935

These threads are for preening and posturing. Book collecting is an expensive hobby. It's cool if you want to show off, but it's not photography, or discussion thereof.
>>
>>2848941
preening and posturing works if you are an anon? i created a post some days ago asking advice to buy some photobooks, There were few answers, so i figured out that this way will receive more attention.
I dont even have money, 5 books x 60$ in a fuking year.
>>
found this on amazon. what the fuck. i want it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.