[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to do "live view recording" with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: different.jpg (1008 KB, 1327x1140) Image search: [Google]
different.jpg
1008 KB, 1327x1140
Is it possible to do "live view recording" with the a6300?

The preview I get through the viewfinder when I set the exposure to 30+ seconds is fantastic and is how I want my video to appear...but obviously I can't set an exposure for a video.

So how do I do this? Am I supposed to capture the viewfinder output somehow? or does sony have a feature in the camera to record the video like that

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6300
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)135 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016:04:10 16:01:21
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness5.1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length90.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1327
Image Height1140
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2844703
>but obviously I can't set an exposure for a video.
bruh
>>2844436
>>
>>2844712
i mean the shutter speed
>>
>>2844717
The camera is just jacking up the ISO in live view, do the same. Did you think the screen was only updating once every 30 seconds?
>>
>>2844718
I have tried that, but when I go to record, the footage becomes extremely laggy/delayed
>>
If you need 30 seconds for a proper exposure, you're way past the camera and lens limits for video. To be fair 30 seconds is probably too dark to be feasible even on an A7S @ one gazillion ISO f/0.95
>>
>>2844725
nigga im doing light painting, but i noticed that the light looks really cool in the live view, and i want to record that, exactly as i see it in the viewfinder cause clearly the camera can put together the video
>>
>>2844726
What you're saying makes no sense. You're probably making a very fucking stupid error.
>>
>>2844727

I'll explain what I do from start to finish

For the long exposure shots I take for light painting, I have to adjust the shutter speed up to 30 the maximum of 30 seconds. As I adjust the shutter speed upward, the live preview makes the images brighter

This works great when I am trying to take my single image long exposures

But I noticed that the live preview makes the light look really cool, so I want to record it on video. I can't have a shutter speed on a video and I can't jack up the ISO because the footage lags like crazy

So I don't know what to do. My only guess at this point is to output the viewfinder to a computer or something and capture that and record it. Since this Sony pile of shit can't seem to record it itself
>>
>>2844729
I doubt it's the camera being the problem in this scenario. To be completely honest, I have no fucking clue what you're asking for, but at the same time, I don't think you have a clue either.

I'm confident that the a6300 can do what you're trying to.
>>
>>2844740
Don't worry, I figured it out. My frame rate was set too low
>>
>>2844750
>>2844703
Well post what you got, I want to know what this effect looks like.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.