[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4chan Cup: The /p/ Team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: tumblr_m83j3hJ5Ub1qzo561o1_1280.jpg (223 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m83j3hJ5Ub1qzo561o1_1280.jpg
223 KB, 1280x719
Hi there! This thread regards /p/'s participation in the glorious 4chan Cup (see /4ccg/ on /vg/ for more info). If that is not something you'd like to see, just hide the thread and we'll keep all related posts within it. If virtual divegrass sounds like your kind of fun, then come on in.

Sorry for letting the last thread slip into the archive (>>2799976). It was close, at least. Currently, the /p/ team is looking at a ticket to the Spring Babby knockouts, and by extension, the Summer Cup! I have a lot of shaping up to do before then, though. Our last match against /vp/ was abysmal, and the claims that we PES'd our way to the knockouts has some truth to it, in my opinion. I will be v e r y c a r e f u l l y preparing a tactical export for the next match to see if I can't redeem our reputation against /r9k/.

In the meantime, our interim anthem against /vp/ was well-received and I have taken the suggestions from the last thread to create a new NEW anthem that'll stick for sure. Let me know what you think: (www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn2VBlY02SY).

So let's see how far we can get in the knockouts! I'll do my best to represent us well (my goal is to make it to a /vp/ rematch and score one goal). After that, we'll get started on a list of things to finish up with the team and our wiki page.

We face /r9k/ this Saturday!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-5
Camera SoftwareK-5 Ver 1.03
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)30 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2012:07:31 22:07:30
Exposure Time1/125 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length20.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
How does the tactics engine etc even work on PES? And what can we do in the meantime to help you out?
>>
what was up with that embarrassing loss in our last match senpai
and I heard we won the other two matches we played, though I didn't see them

desu I still think Nickelback's Photograph is the best anthem, it's comical and gets everyone riled up
>>
>>2842006
What's the new anthem
>>
>>2842037
it's in the OP and while it's cute, it's not hype material like Nickelback
>>
Why not The Camera Eye from Rush?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwDQGkjG1FM
It has a few snippet worthy parts.
>>
here is the new anthem. use same dog video, but this music, you kuks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2r4fLZxU6c
>>
>>2842180
Seriously... What does this piece of stinking shit has to do with photography? Or music?
With this logic we could even put Darude - Sandstorm as the anthem.
>>
>>2842057
>>2842173
>>2842180
Why not Girls on Film? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCjMZMxNr-0
>>
>>2842264
Rush guy here, I actually second this
>>
>>2842264
This is perfect. Literally made me grin like a moron
>>
>>2842057
The problem with Nickelback was that it was ultimately too meme-y, particularly when we make the stream listen to the song in full length as a victory anthem. It served its purpose very well, though, and it might pop up again just when we need it in the future...

>>2842173
Because it wasn't mentioned in the last thread and the Crosby song proved popular, I'm afraid.

>>2842180
I don't get this joke.

>>2842264
That is /hr/'s goalhorn. The problem with using /hr/'s music is twofold. Firstly, this is the first cup that they are sitting out; it is entirely possible that they could return in a future cup. Secondly, Girls on Film and the Def Leppard song are both strongly associated with /hr/ in the cup. By using their music we would just be saying "we're /hr/ 2.0" or something, which I very much want to avoid. So I am sorry to have to say it because they are good tracks, but I really don't think we should be recycling another team's music.

>>2842006
I dunno, man. Something about /vp/'s tactics just stonewalled our attempts to reach their end. After the cup is over I'll be able to really dig into the replays and figure out what was going on. I'd like to make the 3-2-3-2 work since it is fairly unique in the cup.

You can see our past matches here

http://archive.klaxa.eu/Spring_2016/

Our first two matches were on match days one and three.

>>2842002
That's a good question, my friend. Different people will have different answers. As far as I can tell, the way it works is roughly so: your formations influence where on the pitch your players will be. Your tactics influence where your players will move to in response to various situations. And the player stats determine the odds of players successfully making passes and shots. That last part is the most predictable since the outfield players all have the same stats (including four medals with higher, but still fixed, stats). Medals can usually dribble past 77's, and GK's usually fail to stop the ball.
>>
>>2842002
(con't)

What is less predictable is when your defender is going to bolt away from the ball in your own box, or when your gold striker is going to send the ball sailing over the net. Seemingly random events happen all the time. One other thing that is somewhat agreed upon is that PES can detect when one team is crushing the other and artificially swing momentum to the losing team, causing them to suddenly perform much better (look at the scoreline of the /lit/-/his/ game and pay attention to the times at which the goals were scored http://implyingrigged.info/wiki/2016_4chan_Spring_Babby_Cup#Group_C).

I don't know if that answers your question very well. It's a mix of tactics and luck. I'm content to see how well we do in the knockouts, while getting more practice with live-managing. Afterwards, I'll have a nice little pile of data to sort through and try to make sense of.

Any help with the team is of course greatly appreciated. We will need aesthetics for our players, if anyone here has any experience with Blender or similar software. Otherwise, I can go beg for that from the Aesthetics Council. I would really like to see a section on our wiki page (http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//p/) that explains the origins of a few of the players on our team (maybe the medals to start).

A better team photo is on my to-do list but I want to leave that until after we revise our roster for summer.

That leaves testing! If you want to get your hands dirty, you can download PES (http://implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2016/Installation) and start trying things out. For help with getting the right saves loaded and determining what to test, shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can get coordinated.
>>
Eh even though we got lucky in the /x/ match they deserved that shit, so many good chances.

I don't get the entire PES'd /b/ thing, feel like that was a pretty dominating effort. It's not like there weren't a few missed chances on /p/'s team.

Finally - the /vp/ match was a bit hard, there was some decent passing but for some reason it never went forward like it did in the prior games.

I think [r9k] is a good matchup, they 9 pointed but got kind of lucky themselves.

Also I like the anthem, mostly because I suggested it. I'm now almost more worried about the reception to the anthem than I am for the actual game.
>>
>>2842561
I don't think our team has been atrocious so far. I'm new enough to this that I think it's fair to say that I have room for improvement.

Hah, don't worry too much about the music. It's much less offensive than the last two, and any hate will go to me anyway, which is fine.

Something I have forgotten to mention several times now: Freeze Frame is an awesome goal horn! It's catchy, easy on the ears, and fun. The chat loves it, and it even has that line, "there was no defense to be found". So a big thanks to whoever suggested that one. It's working out very well. I'll try to get it played a couple more times this cup.
>>
what /p/ memes are on the roster, do we even have that many memes?
>>
>>2842381
Cheers lad I'll give it a go once exams are over
>>
File: Screenshots_2016-05-19-12-43-02.png (528 KB, 893x781) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2016-05-19-12-43-02.png
528 KB, 893x781
Hilarious

My only question though is why are we sponsored by Canon when Sony, Fuji and Ricoh are the ones who supposedly shill all over the board?

Also I feel like Rockwell's face should be hilariously oversaturated
>>
>last thread

BASS IS DEAD WTF
WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN
>>
>>2842670
You can see the roster on the team page (http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//p/). The roster was picked by a poll from the last thread. I think we have a few good ones on there, and there are a couple of others we might swap in for summer.

>>2842814
Much thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

>>2842818
Our kits were generously made for us by Sleep-Deprived Anon, the manager of the /y/ team. I changed the logo from Canon to Ricoh but it seems that didn't stick for this cup. You'll see the correct sponsor on our uniforms this summer.

Ken's face right now is a placeholder- he will certainly be given a healthy, vibrant glow.

>>2842860
Did you see the lifestyle that man was leading? It's amazing it didn't happen sooner.
>>
man I miss every game -.-
>>
>>2842874

I actually think the Rockwell is pretty good too as far as from the PES engine.

Did you have any luck with any of those blenders on the previous thread at all?
>>
>>2843138
I'm sorry to hear that! Are they at a bad time for you? Tune in 17:00 UTC Saturday for the knockouts, we'll probably be second in the lineup.

>>2843215
Thanks, I tried to get as close as I could with the ingame editor. I haven't asked for help with the blenders yet. Since I was fairly confident I wouldn't get anything significant before the end of the cup, I decided to leave it until after we are eliminated.
>>
>>2843605
Any chance you or some other lad could put our games up on YouTube? I've yet to properly switch allegiances from /int/
>>
Great work guys, I can't watch the games but I'm following the wiki and I'm very glad with the results so far.

I'm also a simple man, naming our goalkeeper f.stop made me happy.
>>
>>2843618

If you go to the /vg/ thread they have archived links and they also have the link to the Shitbox which will get you the games.

>>2843725

His number is also 32 :^)
>>
I wholeheartedly support this thread. Thank you for putting so much effort into it. <3
>>
File: based p.png (247 KB, 898x1226) Image search: [Google]
based p.png
247 KB, 898x1226
>>2843935
>>
Good luck /p/!
>>
Match is starting
>>
rip
>>
File: emotional.png (248 KB, 898x1226) Image search: [Google]
emotional.png
248 KB, 898x1226
Maybe it's bias but I felt we got a bit unlucky, a few kickoff abuses and some really big spaghetti moments by the attack.

For some reason early on a lot of those really nice passing plays happened while now they'd be passed out of bounds.

Either way it's a big feat for us to be in Summer and compete considering two months ago nobody thought there would be a /p/ team and at best maybe on in autumn.
>>
>>2843618
I have the matches downloaded from the klaxa archive (you can get them too here http://archive.klaxa.eu/Spring_2016/) and I am trying to upload them to Youtube for viewing.

>>2844486
Thanks again, that was a very fun match to play. Congrats to /r9k/ on the third place finish!

>>2844505
>>2844525
Yeah, the 3-5-2 may not be a good idea; I promise I will have a stronger formation for the next cup. We'll be playing with the big kids.

>>2843935
>>2844006
Thanks for the support! Keep an eye out for these threads so you can participate in the next roster poll (it's important for showing the level of team support).

A huge thanks to everyone who supported the team and helped us get off the ground (particularly our wiki editor)! I have been watching the cup voraciously for years and I always dreamed of having a team for my home board. The fact that I am now piloting that team is incredible to me, and the responsibility is not lost on me. My biggest goal will be to try to build up the reputation of our team in the coming tournament.
>>
Here's our last match of the cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyxybnxT4aY
>>
>>2845760

Thank you for all the work you do! Despite all the memes on /vg/ and false flaggers I do actually think we have a decent core of fans and this thread has introduced a few more vs the previous thread.

Can't wait to start to see the aesthetics - hopefully some people here can help you. I know the aesthetics guy did praise you for having no placeholders and said we might be rewarded with a few blenders.
>>
>>2846888
You're very welcome; it's a labour of love. I'm counting 15 fans in this thread so far. If we could get 15-20 votes on our next poll, that'd be solid I think.
>>
>>2848036

Please do everything in your power to make the /4ccg/ autists shit in their pants. Holy shit are they delusional.
>>
File: P_logo.png (259 KB, 1135x1136) Image search: [Google]
P_logo.png
259 KB, 1135x1136
>>2849329
Hah, things got a little heated in that discussion, yeah. I fear I may have done more harm than good for the team by bringing it up. Time will tell.

I'd like to finish the logo. As many people have noted, the central /p/ region itself is very flat compared to the rest of the crest, which is great by comparison. Any edits anyone would like to suggest?
>>
File: umadexpress.png (236 KB, 800x675) Image search: [Google]
umadexpress.png
236 KB, 800x675
>>2850492

I think it looks fine personally - it needs to kind of be big and bold to see on a jersey in PES.
>>
File: wiplogo.png (197 KB, 1135x1136) Image search: [Google]
wiplogo.png
197 KB, 1135x1136
>>2851284
My issue is rather that it is not big and bold enough. I was looking at some other team logos and many of them do not include the slashes around the board letters, nor use lowercase. I think we should pursue this direction. Attached is a very rough example. The "FC" bit is entirely optional but I threw it in there. A big, serifed P would read very well.
>>
File: blank logo.png (187 KB, 1135x1136) Image search: [Google]
blank logo.png
187 KB, 1135x1136
Maybe the words "football club" could be curved along the bottom of the white region, on either side of the stem of the P...

Here's a blank one for messing around.
>>
>>2853060
See "Palmeiras" logo... it -may- give you some inspiration. (It's a real brazilian team).

(Não, engraçadinhos, não sou palmeirense, antes que perguntem).
>>
>>2853057

Really? I think at least more than half have the /board/ in lowercase at least somewhere and most are front and center like /a/, /b/, /k/, etc.

Maybe it's just as simple as changing the font over and trying a new color.

>>2853057

Downgrade IMO
>>
>>2853066
ah :(
vamos ganhar porcoooo

nice idea tho
>>
>>2853066
>>2853433
Thanks for the tip! I like the fancy P but I am inclined to agree with anon that we will be retaining our original overall format.

>>2853398
I'm not sure. Maybe it would be the wrong move, but it seems to really help with visibility.

It would be nice if one of the people who originally worked on the logo weighed in again...
>>
>>2850492
>>2853057
>>2853060
why the giraffes?
why not lions, dragons, or stallions?
>>
>>2853066
>olha boiola
needs more huehuehue
>>
File: 1386813017692.jpg (162 KB, 500x1496) Image search: [Google]
1386813017692.jpg
162 KB, 500x1496
>>2854675
We used to have a trip named Bass who did an edit that fooled the internets. /p/ thought it was very funny. We now compose using the golden giraffe, in stead of the golden spiral.
>>
>>2854689
That's some Hakuna Matata-level trolling hilariousness
>>
Reposting the pastebin of /p/ related free Blenders I found out there.

Any idea if these are worth anything Fuji?

www.pastebin.com/Sus1r9Ly
>>
>>2855120
I forgot about those! A couple of them could definitely be useful. I'm also thinking of a watermelon for Resize Your Shit's head.

Roster thoughts. Players that don't seem very popular or entertaining: EXIF Data, Ricoh GR, Shitty HDR, and Mirrorless. Players I think could be popular or entertaining: Uncle Terry, Zoom With Your Feet, Decisive Moment, and Framing.

Thoughts? Other ideas? I'd like to revise the roster a bit before Summer, although I think it's mostly pretty solid as it is.
>>
>>2856070

I think EXIF has to stay because it's the basis of modern /p/, Ricohwas one of the highest voted ones so think that should stay as well.

Shitty HDR and Mirrorless are not very excited. Neither are .dng or /film/. I'd like to see Terry and Zoom for sure.
>>
>>2856374
Shitty HDR would be great if you could Shitty HDR the players face. Just fuck his colour up. Ken should also be super saturated on that point. Terry would be great for sure. Resize your shut could be massive like the wall for /pol/
>>
>>2856470

Yeah that was my idea for Resize - a massive snapshit since the cunts that usually don't resize here usually have the shittiest shots.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.