[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why photography?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
Why photography?
>>
File: sleep-with-a-lens.jpg (34 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
sleep-with-a-lens.jpg
34 KB, 450x300
>>2838711
because im not artistic, and photography is the easiest "art form" all you do is press a button
>>
Because why not.
Also i am a creep.
>>
because eyes
>>
>>2838714
This is literally the reason I bought a DSLR
>>
>>2838711
i love the gearfaggotry, and i need an excuse to own all this shit
>>
>>2838714
second this
>>
>>2838711
I always liked drawing the things I photograph now. Looking back this is just a natural evolution for me, since I always just drew stuff I saw in real life anyhow.
>>
>>2838714
/end thread
>>
>>2838711
Because I absolutely love movies. At least that's what made me jump from drawing to photography, also because painting is infinitely more expensive over time.

But going from creating a scene to manipulating a scene to get what I want was such an amazing learning experience, and still continues to be; I love how vastly different a photo can be based on angle, focal length, lighting, etc.
>>
>>2838711

Because I get to take photos of cutegrills.

There is something magical about jacking off to an image knowing that im the only person to ever do so.
>>
>>2838714
>easiest artform
> not dressing up on overalls and flicking paint onto a canvas
>>
>>2838711
Why live?
>>
It combines my love of long walks, architecture and Photoshop into one art form.
>>
>>2839351

What lens do you use for your architecture shots?
>>
>>2839351
This is pretty much the same reasoning for me as well.

I love the experience of going out and wandering around for several hours to shoot photos, I find it to be very cathartic. Also, I've had plenty of experience with Photoshop and editing since middle school and now I see it as a way to utilize those skills.

I still value it as an artistic medium though. I've always been into art and music, so I love the idea of "composing" a photo and the overall design aspect of it. Much how I'm interested in music theory, things like Color Theory and ratios intrigue me in the same way.
>>
>>2838711
I started out to study architecture and art, but bought a camera purely for >>2839340. I've known some real beauties.
>>
>>2838711
Because I was too lazy and impatient to learn drawing. With photography you have instant gratification and the motivation that theoretically you could make a great photograph today if you point your camera at something very interesting. With drawing it's a very slow and unrewarding process.

But now I regret not doing it because photography doesn't fulfil me since all I do is take pictures of things that exist, unable to create something on my own.
>>
>>2839499
Its never too late.
>>
>>2839340
Its an odd feel but a good one
>>
Because im a journalist and i got tired of writing
>>
>>2841519
Lois?
>>
My camera (and my notebook, because I write too) gets me into events and places I'd never otherwise be able to experience, and lets me meet people I'd otherwise never meet.

Photography is also one of the only things I'm better than the average Joe on the street at, and it gives me some little bit of a silver of self worth that I otherwise might not have.

I enjoy the craft of it, too, whether I'm jockeying for position in a sideline scrum, getting my eardrums blasted out by race cars, or honing a lighting setup to make some QT look even QT-er.
>>
>>2839348

Dat mess tho
>>
because there's this weird part of my mind obsessed with capturing the atmosphere or feeling of being someplace in either music, photos, or videos

brings chills to my spine when I see or hear something that really takes me to a place
>>
>because im not artistic
>Because I get to take photos of cutegrills
>Because I was too lazy and impatient to learn drawing.
>My camera (and my notebook, because I write too)
>because there's this weird part of my mind obsessed with capturing the...

kek
fucking p
>>
>>2841800
>not being honest with yourself

Why do YOU do photography?
>>
>>2838711
Why not?
>>
I don't know honestly. I just tried shooting my gf's film camera a year and a half ago and now I carry a camera everywhere and take pictures every day. It's just really fun to me I guess.
>>
To keep my mind distracted so I don't kill myself
>>
>>2841986
same
>>
>>2838711
To have photos to fap to of my long distance girlfriend. Started with a Casio Exilim. It's progressed from there, but nudes are still my favorite.
>>
>>2838711
I like to take pictures
>>
>>2838711
Tbh i liked to take pictures since child and dslr cameras caught my eye since. I had a gf who lend me her bridge camera and learned the basics there. The rest is history as they say
>>
>>2839298
Post some samples.
>>
>>2841694
I've never been one to mind making a mess on the floor.
>>
File: 1463557019263.png (318 KB, 496x559) Image search: [Google]
1463557019263.png
318 KB, 496x559
i needed an excuse to force myself to experience new things and also gives me a nice way to look down on people, especially other """""photographers"""""

but seriously it's infuriating dealing with shitters

it makes finding people who are actually not shit that much better tho
>>
Because my life is empty and completely meaningless and I will probably end it eventually like I know I should, but until then I can find short-term happiness in spending 3/4 of my monthly income on my hobby of taking pictures of dumb shit I find aesthetically pleasing.

>>2838714
also this desu
>>
>>2838714
this
>>
>>2838711
It's the only thing I've had interest in since I was old enough to know what a camera is and its the only thing I'm not terrible at. It's nice hearing complete strangers say they like your work.
>>
>>2841714
I get chills snorting ritalin.
Cheaper than a camera and makes me feel better when shitposting
>>
>>2847355
>It's nice hearing complete strangers say they like your work.

>This
>>
>>2838714
in defense of photography... i mean sure pressing a button is easy but like any other art form coming up with something that's memorable takes a huge amount of time and dedication

just like 99% of photos here and on instagram are shit and why everybody jerks off over cartier bresson
>>
>>2849010
bresson is good
>>
>>2838711
It's a nice break from my serious hobby which is writing. After a while, I got tired of being behind a desk with nothing to show no one unless if it was a book I'd worked on and finished over the past 8-12 months.

So I wanted to be a little more social and outside of my office, hence why I chose photography. Get to meet interesting people, see interesting things, and get out of my comfort zone a bit. It also has the added benefit of giving me more fuel for my writing.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel writing and photography are great complements to each other. Helped me understand journalists and all that a bit more.
>>
I'm trying to put my art online and I need some halfway decent pictures of my work.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.