[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /p/, where are you going, what are you shooting, and what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_20160514_123703.jpg (394 KB, 751x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160514_123703.jpg
394 KB, 751x1000
So /p/, where are you going, what are you shooting, and what are you using to shoot it with today?

Got off at a random train stop on the edge of some mountains. Hoping to shoot some small town life. Got my Bronica SQ-A loaded with Portra 400 and my Stylus Epic loaded with Gold 400.
>>
>>2838642

oh ur the japan guy with a bronica. cool stuff. wish i had a real forest near myself.

me? im going to finish tonight this cine film im testing so i can wash it and develop it tomorrow. this can only mean one thing: lewd selfies.
>>
>Where are you going
home
>what are you shooting
nothing
>what are you using to shoot it with today
nothing

I wish I could leave desu
H-have fun for me with your "old" SQ-A 120 back.
>>
>>2838642
Nothing today. But if I don't have anything to shoot, and the clouds look interesting, I typically go out driving until I find a decent enough looking landscape shot to do a shoot 30 minute timelapse that equates to around 30 seconds worth of video.

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II with whatever lens fits my needs at the moment.

I've been shooting concerts (got a concert this Monday) and portraiture type work (I've got two girls ready to model for me anytime; just waiting on my 85mm lens) lately, and stopped going out and doing random photography because I've lacked the motivation to. I regret not having said motivation to just to walk around and shoot. I need to find another photographer near me to go shoot with to help push me to get out more.

Here's a link to my timelapses if anyone is interested; just started doing these not too long ago. I really like the outcome, and I'm learning more and more as I do them.

https://vimeo.com/user50801364

By the way, I really dig your Bronica, I've been eyeing a Mamiya RB67 myself, but since I've switched over to digital most of my budget is going towards new lens. I would need to purchase a new film scanner for Medium Format, and Medium Format film holder for my enlarger if I were to buy a Medium Format camera.
>>
File: IMG_20160514_150608.jpg (239 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160514_150608.jpg
239 KB, 750x1000
So I didn't hit any small towns. Fucked off into the woods and found this massive solar farm that's definitely not visible on Google maps though...

>>2838649
Yeah I'm in Japan. The forests near me aren't real in the sense of American National Forests or anything. Still nice to get into some peace and quiet! You should go shoot some long exposures, that stuff seems to work really well at night.

>>2838652
What's stopping you from going out shooting? :(

>>2838658
Awwwan, you just gotta get out and go! Getting out is the hardest part. Once you're out the door things will naturally fall into place. I'll check your time lapse later. Nearing the data limit on my phone...

If you already have a 5D you could just use that to scan with a macro lens. I'm not even going to bother getting another film scanner since k have a FF digi now. I'm just now picking up my Bronica more often these days and it's been fun as hell. Haven't touched my digi setup in a month or so.
>>
>>2838696
>You should go shoot some long exposures, that stuff seems to work really well at night.

its not exactly safe around here at night, m8. dick pics will be fine to end the roll i think :^)
>>
>>2838696
I've thought about dSLR scanning, and it would be easy to do since I've got all the right equipment to do it, it just seems like a hassle. I need to devise a decent DIY setup, but I've never gotten around to it.

Also I bought myself a very nice film scanner, Canon Canoscan FS400US which is a dedicated 35mm film scanner. The results I get from that are AMAZING, but the time it takes to scan makes me want to rip my eyes out.

I'll go out and randomly shoot tomorrow after I get off work, just for you Bronica bro :) I will post the results in this thread.
>>
>>2838658
I know how you feel, I kind of lost interest in spur-of-the-moment random photography after I started shooting stuff for other people.

I'm totally burned out on my surroundings anyway. I'd have to drive 2+ hours to really find anything that I want to shoot.
>>
Just came back from Portugal and I shot loads with my AE1. Found out the second roll didn't wind on properly and I lost 12 amazing shots ...

Shit like that really affects my confidence. Plus I feel like an idiot.
>>
Into the woods.
Some nature stuff.
7d with 30mm lens.
>>
>>2838642
>where
In front of my computer, processing shitloads of interior/architecture photos on super thight deadline. Then at graphic design exhibiton, looking at my posters.

>what are you using to shoot it with today
Will probably take some snapshits with my "is it a film camera?" meme7.
>>
>shooting with film

LOL

>where am I going
Anywhere the fuck I want because I don't have to carry the equivalent of 5000 rolls of film in my backpack to make up for one SD card worth of memory for my SLR
>what am I shooting
Literally anything the fuck I want because I can go from iso 80 -10000000000000000000 without having to carry different kinds of film
>what am I going to shoot with today

A camera made with technology less than 10 years old

LOL
>>
>>2838980
Obvious troll is obvious.
>>
>>2839042

Everything I said was 100% accurate.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>2839049
No camera made today can go up to 1x10^19 ISO.

Proven wrong. :^)
>>
>>2839052

>implying I don't use a CCD at work where I can set the gain to anything that I want

Prove wrong :^)
>>
>>2839097
I'm interested to see a photo or schematic of a feedback loop that allows 10^19 -- that's 380dB.
Plus, that's not in any digital SLR or portable camera :^)
>>
>>2839097
why lie on the internet?
>>
>>2838696
>What's stopping you from going out shooting? :(
Ehlers danlos syndrome ;__;
Dislocated my knee this week and fractured my heel. Kinda painful to go out shooting.

s-shoot that qt bronica for me ;____;
>>
File: IMG_7757.jpg (445 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7757.jpg
445 KB, 1000x667
>>2838701
*Warning* Snapshits in-bound, judge as harshly as you want, I don't give a fuuuuck.

I would've actually went out shoot if wasn't raining all day. Gotta love Oregon. I took these literally on a 100-foot walk to my friend's apartment from my car. I wanted to take photos because I promised you Bronica-Bro that I would go out and shoot today.

These snapshits are for you Bronica-Bro :)

1/4

>Captcha: Choose images of store fronts.
>Posting an image of a store front lol

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution4800 dpi
Vertical Resolution4800 dpi
Image Created2016:05:14 19:08:51
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: IMG_7753.jpg (337 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7753.jpg
337 KB, 667x1000
I like this little clock that's downtown in my little town, going to actually take a decent photo of it someday. I've got an idea how to in my head.

This is a poor photo.

2/4

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2016:05:14 19:08:55
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: IMG_7764.jpg (477 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7764.jpg
477 KB, 1000x667
3/4

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2016:05:14 19:08:46
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: IMG_7749.jpg (614 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7749.jpg
614 KB, 1000x667
4/4

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2016:05:14 19:08:59
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2838699
Dang anon, you in Brazil or something??

>>2838701
I'm planning to do it once I get a macro lens. I've seen some setup tutorials and it looks pretty speedy once you get the hang of it. I feel you on the slow scans, I used to use my schools Coolscan 9000ED and it took 2-3 minutes per scan. Good job on getting out and shooting dude! The PNW is fantastic for light. This shot would be killer if you waited for a person to walk by or take a smoke break against that wall or something. >>2839263
>>2839261
>>2839266
These two would have been cool with the addition of a person or reflection of a person.

>>2838703
Where do you live? I understand the being burned out on your surroundings but I'm sure there's something you can do with them.

>>2838721
That's a bummer anon! Sorry to hear. I always make sure to watch the film catch and crank one frame before closing the back. I'd rather lose out on one potential frame at the end of the roll than miss out on a whole roll's worth of shots like you. I've had that happen before and it suuuucks.

>>2838810
Nice! Post a few of the best in here!

>>2838829
Got any architecture shots you could post here?

>>2839196
Shit anon! Is there a cure for that? Sounds terrible. A fractured heel? Holy fuck...
>>
>tfw when i had to move so i didnt have any time
>>
>>2838658
>and portraiture type work (I've got two girls ready to model for me anytime; just waiting on my 85mm lens)

Mine is 200mm/8 inches and 6 inches around.
>>
Today, nothing but i'll have my carry piece on me, going out with friends for food

Tuesday I have a nude shoot on the beach with a model, probably will use the 5D/L glass or the Df if it gets here by then, and maybe the RB67 all I have now is slide film and neither emulsion is really good for people, I may be able to get away with Velvia 100 at sunrise doing silhouettes but after that forget it.
>>
>>2839747

sugar, come on.
>>
File: 1137-5110064.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1137-5110064.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>2839752

My luck she will flodge on me as all women do and I will get to use dat glorious Provia 100 in the springs.

I did get to try out my Lolympus waterproof in Blue Springs the video on it is really REALLY good especially for a compact. I have to figure out how to get anything decent out of it underwater though.

The program mode lets me trick it into doing what I want but I can't get a decent white balance out of it in overcast light.

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
>>
>>2839729
Lel
>>
>>2839747
>>2839705
Moving sux...

>>2839758
Nice! If you don't have the right emulsion fuck it. Kill it with the 5D!

Also, Blue Springs is the best. That's where you can dive down in to the spring and find shark teeth right?
>>
>>2839747
>>2839758
I smell some top-tier future-classic Sugar-posts coming soon...
>>
>>2839922

Rock Springs and a few others, but Rock Springs is famous for it, I've found megalodon teeth and other fossils there. You can skim the surface and find stuff.
>>
>>2838642
What part of Japan are you in? I'm in Gifu...
>>
File: DSC_3618.jpg (2 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3618.jpg
2 MB, 3456x2304
>>2838642
Probably the wrong thread but tell me what you think of this photo. I took it in Anchorage, Alaska

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Camera SoftwareVer.1.01
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern848
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)300 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:05:16 11:55:29
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating280
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Focal Length200.00 mm
Image Width3456
Image Height2304
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
ISO Speed Used280
Image QualityNORMAL
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeAF-A
Flash SettingNORMAL
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested280
Flash Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
AE Bracket Compensation162111488.0 EV
Lens TypeNikon G Series
Lens Range55.0 - 200.0 mm; f/4.0 - f/5.6
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations7460
Digital Vari-ProgramCLOSE UP
>>
File: 20160515_175933.jpg (2 MB, 1877x1877) Image search: [Google]
20160515_175933.jpg
2 MB, 1877x1877
I'm in Japan with my Hasselblad and Portra 400. This pic was last night, in Kyoto. I'm currently walking around the Namba district in Osaka.
>>
>>2838642
I really hope you took that shot and not fuck it up and will post the full resolution scan.
It is fucking gorgeous, mate!
>>
>>2840508
>>2841051
Megalodon teeth??? For real??? That's rad!!

Kyoto, moving to Mie this summer. I've been to Gifu a few times, my SO has family around Nakatsugawa. Where in Gifu are you? That place is beautiful. Went to some awesome waterfalls over Golden Week in Gifu.

>>2841055
The light is nice but that's not enough to make the photo interesting. There's nothing to really look at.

>>2841064
Noice! I live in Kyoto, though I prefer Osaka for pretty much everything. That city is much more conducive to shooting imo.

>>2841167
Cheers but I didn't bother shooting it. It was literally just a photo of some woods. I shot some later on in a different type of forest though that I'll probably post later. I think this photo which I did take will be the best of the day. >>2838696
>>
>>2841191
You disappointed me, anon. Don't do that again, or else I might write something rude about you on a third rate anonymous internet forum.
>>
>where are you going
Nowhere, I've got finals coming up.

>what are you shooting
Product shots of stuff I have laying around in the house (I'm the guy from the DIY Lightbox thread) and acting like I'm studying to keep my parents happy.

>what are you using to shoot
Sony Alpha 58 with the kit lens. I have a 75-300 too but that isn't really great for product shots.

I just want to go out with and take a train to some random place, but public transport is shit and expensive here in the Netherlands.
>>
>>2841210
Fuck off the internet and start studying you piece of shit!
What am I even doing here, I should be studying right now! Fuck!
>>
>>2841191
Thanks again for the feedback, I am just starting out
>>
>>2841349
No problem. There's a lot to juggle when you're first starting. It's hard to get photos with nice light and good composition that are also interesting while also nailing the technical settings. Practicing to get good light and composition in the beginning is great, so keep it up. That way when you see something interesting you can hopefully compose and set your settings
quickly enough to capture it.

>>2841210
Are they really that bad? Can't you get at least a little bit away from your home for ~5€? I was using German trains most of the time while over there but I don't remember them being too expensive, even when I did Bremen to Amsterdam.

>>2841198
I disappoint a lot of people in my life. ;( sry anon
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.