[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MFW most of the photos today are being taken with shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1412449040882.jpg (51 KB, 700x441) Image search: [Google]
1412449040882.jpg
51 KB, 700x441
>MFW most of the photos today are being taken with shitty camera phones (yes, your iPhone 6+ too)
>MFW they don't look nearly as appealing as the plen film formats of old

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width700
Image Height441
>>
>>2838053
celebrity forgets to take lens cap off their leica

wew lad
>>
>>2838060
He's a musician, so give him a break.
>>
>>2838053
I shoot film and my phone takes better pictures. The only thing a phone can't do is lowlight and shallow dof.
>>
>>2838066
And take good pictures.
>>
>>2838066
>dynamic range
>color depth
>autofocus
>mechanical shutter
>variable aperture
>strobes
>ergonomics

k
>>
>>2838053
Most photos have been taken with shitty cameras for a while now.

Even in the film days everyone had those shitty plastic cameras with meniscus lenses or super zoom lenses with horrible chromatic aberration. Cameras with fixed speed, fixed focus, 75% viewfinder coverage... Not to mention the drug store film and the cheap shitty labs.
>>
>>2840275
>Not to mention the drug store film and the cheap shitty labs.
To be fair, drug store film got better over the years and unless the cheap shitty lab were retarded, your photos still got processed.
>>
I kinda feel sorry for the people that have all their memories captured on digital. I mean just look at some photographs from the film era. The slight lack of sharpness, the slightly faded colors, the grain of cheap consumer film. It really gives the photographs a special aesthetic that embodies what memories are. They are slightly fuzzy. They are not clear like digital photographs.
>>
>>2840493
So edit your digital photos to look that way. Ta-Da.
>>
>>2840495
kek
>>
>>2840495
I don't give a shit how much post processing you do. Digital will NEVER look the same as film.
>>
>>2838053
>what is instagram
>>
>>2840266
>dynamic range
stopped reading right there. end yourself sonyshill.
>>
File: 05-20 Bourges.jpg (166 KB, 700x1058) Image search: [Google]
05-20 Bourges.jpg
166 KB, 700x1058
>>2838053
desu this is the kind of photos that average Joes would shoot 30 years ago. The IQ didn't get worse.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2840493
You are not quite right, just look back at 2006 era pleb-tier consumer digital cams, they sucked, but you cannot say nasty noise all over, shitty colors, smudgy low res images didnt have their own aesthetic universe. I wouldnt be surprised in in a decade or so it would become a "thing"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.