[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /p/, There is this competition organized by a lab in my town
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 2457244020_9f6a710e69.jpg (131 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
2457244020_9f6a710e69.jpg
131 KB, 453x500
Hi /p/,

There is this competition organized by a lab in my town that I want to participate.
I've never done a photo contest in my life, but I think it can force me to give the better of myself and really focus on my shot, subject and composition.

The title of the contest is Back to the Future and I will have 48h to
>create a visual universe where temporal points of reference are missing or disguise.

I hope it is understandable, I translated it.

I was thinking about a picture where the foreground is cotemporary and the background is from an other age. But I realized that it everyone's first thought, so maybe I need something more subtle.

What's /p/ opinion about that ?

Pic related, I must use a Kodak Brownie.
>>
Have a whole image slowly transitioning through a guy's day
>>
Unless you go to the effort of filling a room full of stuff and people from different ages and call it a time travelers bar, you won't win. Because someone will go to ridiculous extremes.
>>
>>2834863
>>create a visual universe where temporal points of reference are missing or disguise.

thats a pretty fucking sophisticated theme for a towns lab contest. can you share a link to see the whole thing?

>>2834907
>Because someone will go to ridiculous extremes.

this is true, but id take the minimalist approach. like a caveman playing with an iRock or something silly like that.
>>
>>2834884
That's actually a good idea. Thanks anon.

>>2834907
I don't have the resources to do that kind of thing.
Plus, the Kodak Brownie seems to be a rather simplistic camera. There is only 3 f-stops and the shutter speed is unique. So I won't be able to make complicated stage, especially in difficult light condition.

>>2834940
Sure,
http://www.nationphoto.com/CONCOURS-PHOTO-2016-Back-To-The-Future.html

>this is true, but id take the minimalist approach. like a caveman playing with an iRock or something silly like that.

That's something I want to make, but I'm apprehensive regarding the minimalist approach.
>>
>>2835334

fuck i wish a lived in a place this artistic.

and look at the prizes, so sweet, better than any money:

>1ER PRIX : 25 développements + tirages de lecture + CD d’une valeur de 199 euros valable chez Nation Photo, un appareil photo Brownie, un Lomo’Instant Mini, 3 films Washi, 25 films Kodak portra 400 - 120, le tirage de son cliché gagnant en grand format par Diamantino Quintas, un sténopé mini labo de la marque Sténoflex, un an d’abonnement au magazine Fisheye

>2EME PRIX : 10 développements + tirages de lecture + CD d’une valeur de 99 euros valable chez Nation Photo, un appareil photo Brownie, 10 films Kodak portra 400 -120, un sténopé mini labo de la marque Sténoflex, un appareil photo Brownie, 3 films Washi, un an d’abonnement au magazine Fisheye

>3EME PRIX : 5 développements + tirages de lecture + CD d’une valeur de 79 euros valable chez Nation Photo , un appareil photo Brownie, 5 films Kodak portra 400 - 120, un sténopé mini labo de la marque Sténoflex
>>
>>2835408
Are you being sarcastic?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.