[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soviet lenses?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
What mount are they? Can you put them onto Canon or Panasonic? I.e. Micro 4 thirds
>>
google mount
>>
>>2834078
Are you this dense? Google, mofo.
>>
>>2834078
>What mount are they?
Yes
>>
It is metric, do not use it.
>>
>>2834083
>>2834085
Tried googling and find it hard to understand jargon as i am a noob with cameras
>>2834091
Thanks for your input
>>2834095
Idek
>>
>>2834097
There isn't a CCCP-mount, you can find them as m42, m39, k mount etc.. and yes, you should be able to mount them.
>>
Zenitar 50/1,7 0 hidden gem!
Pretty sharp wide open and with very smooth bokeh.
>>
>>2834078
Mostly old Leica screw mounts. Look up which one the lens uses, and get the appropriate adapter.
>>
If it's got a screwthread, chances are it's M42. M42 adapters are available for every single mount.

You're welcome.
>>
File: soviet-poster-3.jpg (141 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
soviet-poster-3.jpg
141 KB, 600x900
/p/ resident Commie-glass guy (also isi she uses glorious CCCP glass)

Soviet glass is hit and miss. If you are dSLR you will want to seek M42 glass or M39 Zenit mount. If you are mirrorless you wil want M39 rangefinder or Leica Thread Mount glass (LTM)

Their rangefinder glass was breddy gud, usually the first two numbers in the serial number denote the year of manufacture try to stay pre-1970.

Most of their designs are copies of Zeiss designs and early lenses had actual Zeiss elements as part of reparations of war. Most of your Jupiter lenses are excellent. Color reproduction will be less saturated its all single-coat glass.

Some m39 glass is specialty, the Chaika half-frame had interchangeable lenses but the 28mm it came with only covers half-frame and may not even cover APS-C.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width600
Image Height900
>>
>>2834078
>What mount are they?
- M42 (most SLR lenses)
- M39 aka Leica thread mount (most rangefinder lenses)
- K-mount (SLR lenses with "K" suffix)
- F-mount (SLR lenses with "H" suffix)
- interchangeable mount (SLR lenses with "A" suffix)
- Contax rangefinder mount (rangefinder lenses designed for Kiev cameras)
- Pentacon Six or Hasselblad mount (MF lenses)
- special snowflake M39 with flange focal distance from M42 (early SLR lenses)
- a few other special snowflake mounts compatible with one camera only

>Can you put them onto Canon or Panasonic?
Yes, but I don't recommend putting them on m43 cameras - 2x crop factor turns everything into a telephoto and most Soviet glass can't handle pixel density this high.
>>
>>2834980
>only covers half-frame and may not even cover APS-C.

Industar-69 does cover APS-C since that's 24x16 mm or 22x15 mm, while half frame is 24x18. But the quality is pretty shit in the corners, and it requires some work with a Dremel to focus to infinity because the flange focal distance of Chaikas is a bit shorter than LTM.
>>
>>2834145
It's not exactly hidden, it's just somewhat redundant since comparable but autofocusing Canikon fifties are cheap, and hipsters prefer Helios-44 for the borkeh.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.