[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>AIPP Australian Institute of Professional Photographers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: RiFFRAFF640.jpg (101 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
RiFFRAFF640.jpg
101 KB, 640x640
>AIPP

Australian Institute of Professional Photographers

Is it worth joining these types of institutions? Or is it a rip off and full of faggots?

The AIPP for example costs $500 per year (if you are pro) plus a one off $100 signup fee or some bullshit.

Basically you get to use the logo on your website (as if that makes a difference) and some other useless stuff (like people can search for you through their website)..

I am however slightly interested in the mentoring program and being a part of a community that is actually full of successful professionals who are willing to give advice.. I do know that there is at least one extremely successful photographer in the AIPP but for all I know he runs it and makes a killer living off of morons that become members.

tl;dr: Is anyone a member of the AIPP or similar institution? Is it worth it? What are the pros and cons?

>inb4 I am accused of shilling for the AIPP

I am just genuinely curious whether becoming a member is worth it or not.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa
Photographermarcus
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height640
>>
Simple straight forward answer. No.
>>
I joined when I was a student, it was at a cheaper rate but I got nothing for joining or being a member.
>>
>>2832493
>who are willing to give advice
Well here's some free advice; kill yourself
>>
>>2832493
>successful professionals who are willing to give advice
What kind of masters of any trade would be willing to give out their trade secrets to current and future competitors?

Especially at a time when prof photogs are already scrambling over each other due to the mass influx of casuals littering the market with their "babby's first rabal" facebook-based lemonade stand photography business?

Sounds like a racket that may have made sense 30, even 20 years ago.

But not now.

Networking seems to be done more in photography schools, and that's the only possible advantage I could see from this thing.

Then again, my livelihood doesn't depend on photography so I'm just talking out of my ass and don't give a shit enough to take a closer look at it.
>>
>>2832861

>Then again, my livelihood doesn't depend on photography so I'm just talking out of my ass and don't give a shit enough to take a closer look at it

I have been hearing the same shit for 10 years and it is literally not even a little bit of truth to it, I suggest you shut the fuck and stop spewing shit you have heard from enthusiasts and shitty photo blogs.

There are industries dying and slowing down (photojournalism) and while there are some students with 5D bodies willing to work for almost nothing this is not causing the decline in available positions of full time staff photographers, the fucking newspaper industry being archaic is.

Also things like David Beckhams son getting to shoot a high end add campaign, and all these old lolpros were get butthurt because someone with guess what? A huge fucking social media presence and basic phtography skills lolstole the job from one of them.

The Photography isnt as saturated as people think and but this doesnt stop faggots like yourself claiming it is.
>>
>>2832896
>I suggest you shut the fuck and stop spewing shit you have heard from enthusiasts and shitty photo blogs.
nah
>doesnt stop faggots like yourself claiming it is
i don't claim anything.
just regurgitating shit i see here and there

no need to be a salty whore about it
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.