[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the best thread on /p/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: mNb8ELb.png (1 MB, 1262x676) Image search: [Google]
mNb8ELb.png
1 MB, 1262x676
Buying a camera for its sensor is like buying a car for its motor

Nobody except you and people who have done the same will give a shit, what's important is when and with whom you used it to fulfill your vision

Think back, think back to that one picture you took, maybe you didn't even particularly care about photography back then, maybe you took a noisy ass picture on a sony ericsson flip phone.

Now, would the picture be cleaner on a Sony A7sII at 128.000 ISO? Could you have counted all the pixels in the light that lit up in her eyes if you would have shot it with a D810? Would it be a little less blurry if your lens had a red ring and IS? Would it be more easily readable if his face was in the upper half and the dominant eye lined up with the middle?

Yes, yes to all of them.

But, in the end, does it even really matter? Do these features, do photographic rules really enhance the existence you captured?

"Photography is a secondary thing, because actual objects are true and photography is a lie and a merely a copy of reality. Existence comes first. So you don’t have to make a big deal about photography."
-Nobuyoshi Araki
>>
this is the best thread
>>
>>2830742
yes
>>
>>2830706
>>2830742
>>2830805
samefag

fuck off
>>
Shit thread and you had to drag nobuyoshi into your shitfest.
>>
>>2830814
oh really wow how did you figure that out
enlighten me
>>
>>2830706
>think back to that one picture you took
I never took any pictures
>>
keep up good work
god bless
>>
>>2830706
yeahbutmuhsony
>>
>tfw shooting all my old fd glass on a7s
>tfw able to shoot at just about any light and I don't need a different camera for video
>tfw I bought it off a guy upgrading to the a7sii for pennies

I'll never need another camera, im so happy
>>
File: questioning-face2.jpg (14 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
questioning-face2.jpg
14 KB, 250x225
>>2831139
>OP talks about how fidelity is secondary
>sonyfag feels individually addressed and immediately proceeds to brag about gear
>>
>>2831167
But fidelity is secondary that's my point

I was able to get a good camera off someone obsessively upgrading so I could utilize some of my favorite lenses easily that are quite old but work best with how I like to shoot

Instead of hating sonyfags so much use them to get cheap gear
>>
File: 9l5ifml.png (556 KB, 515x599) Image search: [Google]
9l5ifml.png
556 KB, 515x599
>>2830706
>tfw no borderline retarded horsegf
>>
>>2831169
alright, I'll give you that, the a7s really is really really usefu
>>
>>2831170
is she borderline retarded? or just awkward? are you saying you would act better in front of a camera?
>>
>>2831139
>all my old fd glass on a7s
>muh technologically advanced sensor
>muh luddite lenses
Frankencamera
>>
>>2832273
>is she borderline retarded

No she's just awkward as fuck. And also hot. And also makes dope art.

Dude man is just jelly as fuck of Ethan.
>>
>>2830706
>But, in the end, does it even really matter? Do these features, do photographic rules really enhance the existence you captured?
yes
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.