[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can i get this tripod to hold a studio light head? i looked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
how can i get this tripod to hold a studio light head? i looked on amazon and they all just have that small thread that'll fit the bottom of a camera or flash. Is there a simple adapter? Thanks!
>>
gear thread, thanks!
>>
manfrotto spigot adapter
>>
I don't want to discourage you from experimenting, I just want to lay on some facts about this.

Unless your studio light is really underpowered, that tripod isn't going to hold these very well. Monoblocs are heavy and this thing will sway a lot.

Unless you want to use your monobloc as a kicker or backlight, this isn't going to be as useful as you might think. It's better to just buy a really cheap lightstand that can support the weight of your gear you intend to use. If it breaks, you can save up and buy a better one, if it doesn't break you can use it until it does. Win/win.
>>
>>2830791
will look into that
>>2830819
its def for a second light with a stock reflector on it.

i want it low to the ground without being on its side, some control of where i aim the beam would be nice

I've got some c-stands :) but thanks
>>
>>2830791
>manfrotto spigot adapter
looked it up
THat's EXACTLY what i wanted, thank you ANOn
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.