[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post processing general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 35
File: Post-Processing_GRP_cebucity.jpg (462 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Post-Processing_GRP_cebucity.jpg
462 KB, 720x540
aka /ppg/ aka how do I achieve this look aka how did he do it aka what presets do I need for my snaps to resemble this one aka I can't be bothered to try shit for myself

as anons suggested here's a thread where to ask about how to "get that look" in post, since people are obviously interested in it but having these threads around steals space from more meaningful things like pictures being posted, or sony shilling
obviously the purpose of this is to get better and learn from this so you can stop being told how to do stuff and we can stop spending time telling you

to get the look in pic related, which I found on google and have no idea who it belongs to, you need to
reduce contrast
reduce saturation a bit
make everything yellower, use curves or apply a mask or however you prefer
make the blues/light blues greener by using the hue slider
apply a lot of grain

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.2
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2480
Image Height1860
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2014:11:28 18:27:38
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width720
Image Height540
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Resources ---
>http://www.diyphotography.net/how-good-are-you-with-curves/
>https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/lightroom_reference.pdf
>http://photography.tutsplus.com/categories/post-processing
>>
>>2830611
I love the idea of having this thread. Thanks for posting.

Don't forget to add a section about "To match the look of an image, you must first match the scene, the light, the color, and the exposure of the image in your own work"
>>
Bumping so newfags see this.

I suggested making this thread in a shitpost thread. Thanks OP for helping out.
>>
File: chucklang.jpg (219 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
chucklang.jpg
219 KB, 1200x1200
I'll start. I'm going for @chuck's style on my next shoot. Big, soft key (generally a window) with incidental fill, all natural.

As far as color goes--do you think he does a local adjustment on the skin, or can I achieve these tones just by grading globally?

If anyone has a decent, softtly-lit raw that they would be willing to share, I'll try my hand at it and share the results.

Image Created2016-05-03T18:02:25-04:00
FlashNo Flash Function
Image Width1200
Image Height1200
>>
>>2830657
There's definitely some skin processing in there. In the two on the right, moreso than the two on the left. The top right has had its white point lowered pretty noticeably, which is why they highlights look pretty gray overall.

The bottom right I would think has some detail accentuation layers (like a high pixel high-pass layer set to soft light) with some dodging and burning.

The two on the left seem more natural in terms of tone, but have still had some color work done to them. Desaturation done to individual colors separately, mostly.

The left two images are very different than the right two, so be sure you assess them separately.
>>
>>2830657
With curves:
- Crush the highlights
- Flatten the midtones (stretch the curve upwards)
- Crush the blacks a little bit
- Bring up the shadows a little bit
- Desaturate
- Temperature is kind of cold. You'll probably have to cross-process to get the same coloring.

Kind of overdone imo

Find a curve that you like, and stick with it. Can fuck with the hues in HSL if you say prefer more cyan to dark blue, dark greens to warm greens etc. That's one way to get a more filmic look.
>>
File: chuckurself.jpg (411 KB, 2000x800) Image search: [Google]
chuckurself.jpg
411 KB, 2000x800
>>2830664
>>2830704
Thank you both, that's very helpful.

First pass at it. Excuse the out of focus selfie. Light is meh, but the tonal range is about what I intend to work with.

- started with the suggested global adjustments, subtracted contrast and saturation
- made an adjustment layer for skin, pushed it warmer and more uniform, took brightness and saturation down slightly
-new adjustment layer for background, lowered temp, increased clarity
-also pulled out a lot of red from the background, which looks weird but matches the aesthetic better (I won't be shooting anywhere with ambient reds)
-added a wee bit of cyan to the highlights to make the skin mesh a bit better with the cooler background

If you look through his stuff, it looks like he tries to make the the skin or clothes match elements of the background, tone-wise. This would have been more successful if I had chosen a better setting.

Image Created2016-05-03T20:22:22-04:00
FlashNo Flash Function
Image Width2000
Image Height800
>>
File: tumblr_o07fcaVvYn1r9ged7o1_1280.jpg (717 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o07fcaVvYn1r9ged7o1_1280.jpg
717 KB, 800x1200
Does anyone have any insight into what techniques going into the post-processing for photos like the ones here?

http://envyavenue.tumblr.com/

Pic related

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width2048
Image Height1365
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:12:30 20:01:36
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width800
Image Height1200
>>
>>2830783
Glad it helped. Looks like you're onto it. I suspect the style looks better with high-key pictures, though. I always avoid Photoshop, stick with the tools that are available in Camera Raw. That way I only have to keep the .dng's and can undo.
> made an adjustment layer for skin, pushed it warmer and more uniform, took brightness and saturation down slightly
I think you could do this with HSL
>it looks like he tries to make the the skin or clothes match elements of the background, tone-wise.
Hmmm. Interesting. Earth tones as well.

Looking at the pictures again, I think you should go back and resaturate, mess around with cross-processing a little bit until you're able to get more earth tones. Maybe use split toning to put a little gold in the midtones and navy in the shadows. Then use hue in HSL to move the colors around. The colors aren't THAT desaturated in those pictures, more flat and crushed on both ends.
>>
>>2830786
Desaturate all colors except blue.
>>
>>2830786
Jacking up clarity and sharpness.
>>
>>2830786
>>2830844
>>2830848
And bust up shadows. What should be black in that photo is more dark gray. Sure, that washed out look is good in some cases, but it can be way overdone. Especially by hipsters. Not saying it's bad in that particular photo though.
>>
File: chuckurself7.jpg (419 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
chuckurself7.jpg
419 KB, 1500x1200
>>2830807
I actually made all of those adjustments in capture one. I switched over because fuji.

Resaturated and worked the colors a bit more, finished it off with contrast-killing s curve. The face is a little more orange than I would like, but I think if I shoot high key like you suggested in softer light I'll be able to hit it.

Thanks again for your help.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareCapture One 9 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)84 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:05:03 14:11:13
Image Created2016:05:03 14:11:13
Exposure Time1/950 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Brightness4.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length56.00 mm
Image Width1500
Image Height1200
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
What does it mean for blacks or highlights to be "crushed"? Is that the same as eg "lifting blacks" by pulling the left end of the RGB curve up a few notches?
>>
>>2831220
Crushing usually means turning dark areas that are not black to black, or turning bright areas that are not white to white, with detail being lost.

However, I think this anon >>2830704 used "crush" to convey the opposite meaning, to make what is black not black, and to make what is white not white, so there are no true blacks or whites. You can see in the photo there are no true blacks or whites.

Also, I suppose you can crush the blacks and whites with, say, the Blacks and Whites sliders in Lightroom, and then you can use the curves to make it so all the new blacks are now not true blacks. I don't know if this is really recommended though
>>
File: Blacks.jpg (847 KB, 1125x1689) Image search: [Google]
Blacks.jpg
847 KB, 1125x1689
>>2831220
A crushed black is an area that is so under exposed that the color picker just reads "0,0,0" across a whole area of the scene. No information, no tone, just black.

Blown whites are the opposite. A whole area where it's just "255,255,255" with no variance, and therefore no texture, color, or variance.

Raised blacks and lowered whites are just when you take the "0" point that should be black, and bring it up so that the darkest areas of the shot aren't at 0 anymore, they're brighter.

The "fade" that's popular right now comes from a mixture of both. Bringing up the black point into the shadows, without letting the shadows get brighter along with it, so things that WERE dim, but detailed, suddenly get crushed out into black, as black becomes "gray"

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image Width1135
Image Height569
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Image Created2016:05:04 10:50:49
Image Width1125
Image Height1689
>>
>>2831246
Hmm. Looking back, I did this wrong.
The third image, "raised" should just be dragging the black point straight up, and not to the right at all.

The current third image should be labeled "raised and crushed"

But I can't be bothered to do it again.
>>
File: image.png (130 KB, 534x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130 KB, 534x1000
>>2831246
>explaining blacks with a picture without blacks
Thank you for your contribution
>>
>>2831280
A normal photo should not have "blacks" because if it's black, it means there's no information in it.
The photo then creates blacks with a curve, to show what crushed blacks look like.

Where is the confusion?
>>
>>2831281
What the fuck nigger, have you ever seen a good photograph in your life?
>>
>>2832112
What a well expressed point. You definitely know what you're talking about and I can tell because you're both vague and aggressive!
>>
vsco my man, the one stop shop for all postprocessing.
>>
>>2835576
Just saying "VSCO" is like replying "Tools" when someone asks how you built a dresser.
>>
>>2831281
Black isn't no information, it's the information that there was no incoming light. Having 000 (or 255255255) just means you probably didn't expose spot on but lost some detail to differentiate between very, very little light and a little more light.
>>
Am I being a filthy fucking scrub in post? I do sports photography, generally don't have too many issues with over-exposed or under-exposed photos, and I go with the photos that are in focus, not a case of picking the best 2 of 35 similar images for me.

In lightroom I do the following base editing and then tweek for each photo:
>add a little contrast - around +20
>reduce highlights and increase shadows, around 30 either way
>slighly lower whites and blacks
>don't touch clarity because I want my photos to not look like a 14 year old girl edited them
>add sharpness and luminence, around +30
>crop if needed
>add some vignette and move based on where focus of image is in frame

I find the results usually come out pretty good and the images are what I'm wanting to take, I'm please with the shots.

BUT, I see everyone talking about all kinds of shit like curves. I know how to look at the light curves in LR, but I find some photos aren't rounded as I see being touted as the aim in post, they're all over the place but the photo looks good.

Have I achieved something not many on /p/ achieve, not shitposting about having a technically perfect edit and just focusing on the photos being decent, or am I missing something that could improve my photography?
>>
File: 01_debby-free-font21.jpg (476 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
01_debby-free-font21.jpg
476 KB, 900x599
ignoring the logo, how would I achieve something like this?
>>
>>2835679
this is not an achievement
>>
>>2835674
>having a technically perfect edit and just focusing on the photos being decent
technically perfect edits don't exist, it's just an editing that makes picture look in a certain way that you see as "right" or "perfect"
if that's good enough for you noone's telling you that you should do thing in a different way
photos being decent is a pre-requisite, the fact that part of /p/'s recent photos thread doesn't satisfy it isn't an indication of the fact that you should be proud for being a decent and sensible guy
>am I missing something that could improve my photography?
well you're limiting yourself because you're afraid people will tell you your pics look like they were taken by a 14y/o girl if you add sharpening, microcontrast and whatnot
>I know how to look at the light curves in LR
you can achieve something with the sliders, but luma/rgb curves will give you more options
I can't work with curves in Lr for my life, but if you can, do try and see if you can achieve results you like
if you can't then your way of editing is good enough for you, that's what matters in the end to be honest family
>>2835679
take a picture with good, soft lightning, so that your shadows are filled already and you have an ethereal looking background
lower saturation
take up a luma/rgb curve, draw a point near the 220 (or wherever your highlights are) value and bring it right, then make the part of the curve at the left of that look more like it was at the beginning
possibly raise the shadows
>>
>>2835679
Take a back-lit portrait where the background is over-exposed

Open curves, and drag up your black point.
>>
>>2835687
The only thing I won't touch is clarity, just makes photos look incredibly fake.

I usually go back to re-edit photos a week or so after I take them to get a fresh take on them, as I'm usually trying to get them edited and uploaded asap so just go for a consistent and realistic look in post. I'll try with curves then!
>>
>>2835674
I think +30 luminance is a bit high generally

And as a general aside I've seen a few people say that they use the Google Nik collection (which is free now) for noise removal over lightroom
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (1 MB, 1622x2092) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
1 MB, 1622x2092
too much orange?

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2016:05:10 22:34:41
Image Width1622
Image Height2092
>>
>>2835746
I like it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462934696237.jpg (10 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462934696237.jpg
10 KB, 480x480
>>
>>2835674
I'll tell you this. I've been quite disinterested in polishing my shots besides cropping, slapping on a preset and letting lightroom take care of the tone adjustment. I just wanted to get the shots out for people to enjoy and reminisce about. But lately I've looked more into post processing. How does one bring more details out from tones, add more or remove punch without making things garish, affect a certain mood with colour...
> so much more impact and feeling
> how the fuck did I ever let these shots out of my hands unedited
My gf tells me "it's only in your head, nobody else will think your past shots are shitty or know the difference", but suddenly people are praising my work more openly and putting them up as profile pictures. Perhaps I'll think different given time, but right now I regret not realising a lot of these things earlier.
>>
>>2835746
Way too much, especially on his face.
>>
File: DSCF0105.jpg (461 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0105.jpg
461 KB, 1000x667
Hey /p/
I'm really new in this post processing think and I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out.
I'v got this image here, and I want it to look more lonely and cold but I don't know what should I do in Lightroom.
What would you guys suggest on changing in this pic to make it look better?
>>
>>2836012
I'm going through the same crisis right now. How I went so long without seriously learning how curves work or paying attention to histograms is beyond me
>>
>>2836049
I wish I could'v made the background more blury but I took the shoot on the widest aperture and its still look like this :(
>>
>>2836056
I'll tell you what to do for 25 shekels.
>>
How in the fuck does Harley Weir get these colours?

1/3

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image Width2700
Image Height1800
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Created2015:04:16 22:21:56
Image Width1344
Image Height1800
>>
File: 6.jpg (168 KB, 595x742) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
168 KB, 595x742
>>2836116
>>
>>2836118

Image Width3800
Image Height4695
>>
>>2836116
>>2836118
>get these colours?

By photographing anaemic waifs and fucking up the white balance
>>
>>2836153
Don't be a faggot
>>
>>2830611
Did Nivea ever post his processing?
>>
>>2836116
This doesn't look like it has much color work done to it at all. Maybe a low opacity yellow layer pulled from her skin or hair, set to color. She just mostly IS that color. The rest is lighting.

>>2836118
This looks like it has some tone unification (taking reds and yellows and pushing them both towards a central point to keep from having too much distracting color variety) and then a yellow/orange layer on top of everything set to low opacity.

>>2836119
This will have the same skin tone unification, then masked saturation adjustments (shooting a pale girl will help a lot there). Well applied contrast to keep colors rich elsewhere, and to keep shadows dark, and then raising the black point a bit

Honestly, most of this is good lighting, correct framing with the right focal length, good styling and emotion, and basic color unification work.

Unless you have the light, and the model, your photos won't look like this.
>>
File: le sad merchant.jpg (372 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
le sad merchant.jpg
372 KB, 1000x667
>>2836049
Just fucking around with curves and vignettes. Removed the green tinge and added a bit of hipster contrast, i.e. slightly rasied, blue-tinted blacks.
>>
>>2836828
Thanks man! I appreciate it
>>
Nice girl
>>
>>2830611
>how do you wnat your clarity senpai?
>just bump my shit up
>>
>>2836116
It's the color yellow-orange, across the whole frame.

Alternatively fucked up WB. Hard to tell, 'cause it can effectively do the same.
>>
Can you guys recommend some tutorials for a complete fucking noob? So far I just mess with sliders in Rawtherapee until the image looks a bit nicer.
>>
>>2840494
Lynda.com
>>
File: dsgd.jpg (598 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
dsgd.jpg
598 KB, 1000x667
>>2836049
>>2836828
I went for the complete opposite and cooled it down heaps, I don't know if its any good

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution1000 dpi
Vertical Resolution1000 dpi
Image Created2016:05:19 17:07:13
>>
>>2835679
colorful scarfs, colorful hair, and colorful skin
>>
File: 1461875597577.jpg (656 KB, 1024x1351) Image search: [Google]
1461875597577.jpg
656 KB, 1024x1351
what was done to this photo?
>>
>>2843860
It was taken on film with a certain look to it, with a flash, and then developed with the appropriate chemicals, and likely printed.
>>
>>2843860
Shitty paintjob.
>>
>>2843860
Black and white photo that was "colorized". Look it up if you want to see tutorials. It's the latest fad in photo manipulation that is corrupting historical accuracy.
>>
File: Lh7rmmI.jpg (447 KB, 1024x1351) Image search: [Google]
Lh7rmmI.jpg
447 KB, 1024x1351
>>2843891
Oh shit! Nice! It's well done, I didn't even notice!
>>
>>2843893
It isn't done well if you see two men with absolutely identical monotonous skin and hair tone.
>>
>>2843905
Well... yeah okay that's fair.
Maybe they're related though, you know?

(That's a joke, don't get mad)
>>
>>2843893
I think people who do it well are very skilled but I think it's unnecessary. It's cool for a blog post but they are starting to pop in documentaries. If they keep growing in popularity, soon people will wonder why someone used black and white photos in a documentary instead of colorized ones. It will be expected that all historical black and white photos be colorized.
>>
File: IMG_17371.jpg (3 MB, 4122x1382) Image search: [Google]
IMG_17371.jpg
3 MB, 4122x1382
Total amateur here guys.Trying to get into Landscape Photography as a hobby. Can you guys tell me what I'm doing right/wrong or post links to helpful info. I'm just fucking around with shit until I like it, but I still don't know all the controls.

>let the hate begin

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T4i
PhotographerPOMMERYARBROUGH
Image Created2016:05:17 23:31:37
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramLandscape Mode
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.3
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2843925
The edited version is just a bit too yellow.

Not sure which program you used, but if you desaturate the yellow channel, it should look a bunch better.
The sky is also maybe a bit too vivid.
>>
>>2843932
Sounds good. I'll tone it down a bit
>>
>>2843925
is this california?
>>
File: b01.jpg (38 KB, 680x329) Image search: [Google]
b01.jpg
38 KB, 680x329
>>2843925
>buetifel
>>
>>2843925
- composition is boring
- no subject
- blown out highlights
- too saturated
- orange skin
>>
>>2843925
What I like most is that they look like they're hiking the surface of Mercury.
>>
File: rockwell.jpg (73 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
rockwell.jpg
73 KB, 1200x798
>>2843925

I love the edited one!

>>
>>2844158
I HOPE YOU DEPOSITED $5 INTO HIS PAYPAL ACCOUNT. HIS FAMILY AIN'T GONNA GROW ITSELF.
>>
If I edit 24-bit image in Photoshop should I convert the image to 36-bit before editing?
>>
>>2835746
Man, some people really think post processing is like a coloring book. Why do you want his clothes to turn orange?
>>
>>2836049
Adjusting the white balance to make it less yellow/green (or whatever it is, I can barely tell orange from green).

>>2836116
Half of German women and two thirds of Dutch women legitimately look like this in everyday life, just Earth tones everywhere.

>>2843925
Everything is wrong, it makes Far Cry 3 look pastel. There's nothing really wrong with the colours in your original picture that need fixing, it's the composition that needs fixing, your subjects are tiny.

>>2844389
>36-bit
wut. I assume you mean you mean 32-bits per channel, and if so yes actually you should. Others might wonder why, no, it's not for increased precision or any of that, it's because Photoshop only does the pixel math correctly in 32-bits per channel. Photoshop directly plugs gamma-compressed pixel values into its math, which is wrong, and if you know the difference you'd know it fucks with things like blurring, blending, adding, etc... big time.

Which is except in 32-bits per channel mode, in which it converts all pixel values from sRGB (gamma-compressed) to floating point linear, which means it's the only time it does the math right. Also why they haven't implemented Invert in 32-bit mode, because these idiots can't figure out how to do an invert with linear values (using the naive approach of 1.0 - value gives you an image that's inverted properly but way too bright so they figured that's not working as they'd like, when a proper solution would be to invert using a temporary conversion to perceptual intensity values).

t. image-processing developer
>>
>>2843925

this is so yellow and you need to walk closer to the subjects. i'm no pro, but i always look to check the skin tones after i've messed around to make sure it hasn't gone totally awry
>>
File: IMG_1868 5Mb.jpg (3 MB, 3110x2074) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1868 5Mb.jpg
3 MB, 3110x2074
>>2844066
Yes, its the hike to the Punchbowls near Ojai.

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2016:05:19 14:30:53
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
File: IMG_17331.jpg (3 MB, 5176x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_17331.jpg
3 MB, 5176x1728
>>2843932
>>2844076
>>2844080
>>2844123
>>2844158
>>2844410
>>2844435
Looking at it now I can't believe I didn't see how over the top I went.

Let's try this again with a better picture. Minimal changes. What else should I do?

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2016:05:17 23:31:32
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.3
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2844664
Still prefer the original one.
>>
File: P1030829_01 TWO.jpg (1 MB, 1148x862) Image search: [Google]
P1030829_01 TWO.jpg
1 MB, 1148x862
>>2830611

Hey OP, I tried to recreate your stuff.
What do you think?

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-G70
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2016:05:22 06:35:01
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length14.00 mm
Image Width1148
Image Height862
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Image QualityFine
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeAuto
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerMode 1
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeAperture Priority
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
Color EffectOff
ContrastLow
Noise ReductionStandard
>>
>>2844664
if it doesn't need fixing don't do any fixing. Not every image requires you to tweak every slider or curve available. Maybe that's what you need to learn.
>>
File: 14629549534632.jpg (257 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
14629549534632.jpg
257 KB, 1000x667
>>2836049

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:05:22 00:46:22
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
File: test.jpg (295 KB, 1080x675) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
295 KB, 1080x675
gave it a shot, this is what i came up with

if there is anything i couldve done differently, i'd love to hear it

finished photo sort of looked like it was painted and idk if i like it

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Image Width540
Image Height675
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:05:22 00:45:36
Image Width1080
Image Height675
>>
>>2844883
left being pre-edit and right being post-edit
>>
File: medium format merchant.jpg (365 KB, 942x667) Image search: [Google]
medium format merchant.jpg
365 KB, 942x667
>>2836049

get on my level, plebs.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image Created2016:05:22 04:16:37
Image Width942
Image Height667
>>
File: 2.jpg (110 KB, 461x576) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
110 KB, 461x576
>>2844883
>>2844891

rotated and cropped, and reset the wb so the walls arent blue, but masked her hair to have the old wb. i honestly like how this came out better than my first

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Image Created2016:05:22 01:25:30
>>
>>2844899

dude this looks ridiculous. everything except the eyes have raised blacks, then the eyes have soo much deeper blacks. that looks fake and gay. level it up.
>>
>>2844837
too much vignetting

>>2844876
topkek

>>2844891
good advice
>>
>>2844898
no because that would be a downgrade
>>
>>2844800
>your stuff
not really mine as I wrote
>What do you think?
the grain in the pic I posted is bigger and smoother, yours looks something like luminance noise
apart from that they look quite alike, congrats brother
if I had to give you my opinion, which has nothing to do with the pic I posted, I'd tell you to raise the exposure by some half stop and reduce vigneting
>>
>>2844800
You tried to recreate hard light model skin tones and contrast with a softly lit overcast shot of a flower outside? How'd that work for you?
>>
>>2844883
Went too crazy on the skin smoothing. Just do a heal brush over the blemishes and leave the rest be. Even the original has no detail to speak of, no point in going further.
>>
File: IMG_5174.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5174.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
>le oversaturation man

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 1200D
Camera SoftwareWindows Photo Editor 10.0.10011.16384
Image Created2016:05:08 18:33:45
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/6.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length180.00 mm
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: 1437552431496.jpg (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1437552431496.jpg
61 KB, 380x380
>split toning
absolutely
disgusting
>>
File: tumblr_o74n48BHfY1qz82two1_1280.jpg (249 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o74n48BHfY1qz82two1_1280.jpg
249 KB, 1280x1600
Ok so it looks like he used a soft lighting source (window?), wide aperture, and maybe some desaturation?

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image Width4800
Image Height6000
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2016:05:13 13:50:00
Image Width1440
Image Height1800
>>
>>2847368

its way more than that.
>>
>>2842642
This one looks really good.
>>
>>2847370
I was trying to get the obvious ones out of the way, but get what you mean
>>
File: 1462954953463.jpg (155 KB, 978x652) Image search: [Google]
1462954953463.jpg
155 KB, 978x652
>>2836049
>>
>>2847368
Could you get the same kind of look with digital? Does someone have any examples of very good digital portraits that have the same natural look?
>>
File: Re.jpg (482 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Re.jpg
482 KB, 1000x667

>>
>>2848929
kek, at this point I don't even know how serious it's meant to be
>>
File: f7.png (666 KB, 478x605) Image search: [Google]
f7.png
666 KB, 478x605
How do i acheive this look guys ?
>>
File: liam wong.png (612 KB, 537x595) Image search: [Google]
liam wong.png
612 KB, 537x595
Also this one, thank you.
>>
>>2849338
all you have to do is to merge with an AI and look down upon the city with that romantic momentum
>>
>>2849338
A lot of time with the brush tool.

>>2849339
Find a wet street lit with neon lights, expose for the signs and play with your white balance and Hue/Saturation layer.
>>
>>2849398
thank you anon
>>
>>2844883

you crushed the iris detail
>>
>>2849338
HDR - merge different exposures, you'll have to do it yourself in PS if you want that good stuff
notice how bloomy the lights are?
that's a big part of it
>>2849342
>tfw won't merge with AI anytime soon
>tfw won't roam through the net scorning human flesh
feels bad man
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.