[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a 5d3 and blah blah but this cell phone snap is still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
I have a 5d3 and blah blah but this cell phone snap is still one of my favorite pictures of my little dear.

I hate that it's not sharp and the background looks so busy and the lighting is bad... does anybody have any advice on what to do? I'm not an Instagram or whatever type person, I shoot sterile stock garbage that never feels as natural as this, so I'm kind of lost.

Out of all the pictures I have, this is the one I most want to print and put on the wall - but all I see are the flaws.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2448
Image Height3264
>>
>>2830349
it doesn't look that bad, you only missed the focus. Other than that what's the deal? You said yourself you enjoy the picture because it's sincere and organic.
If you want a technically better picture obviously you should use your 5d3, play with the baby and shoot it with shallow DOF.
Do you understand the basics of photography? If not, that would be a good place to start.
>>
>>2830360
Yes, I know a thing or two about photography.

I could mask her out and Gaussian blur the background, then flip the selection and do some contrast sharpening by playing with the frequency - but its gonna fall apart since it isn't a 21mp raw file.

I was looking more for a cell phone users opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>2830360
>>2830369
Also, it's about the moment, babies grow up fast and she's way older now, this moment was the highlight of that first 3 months. I machine gunned it so I've got others but none of this is my cup of tea.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
>>
Emotion > technical quality

just hang the picture up
>>
>>2830349
>I hate that it's not sharp and the background looks so busy and the lighting is bad... does anybody have any advice on what to do?

>I hate that it's not sharp
Use your camera, not your phone.
>and the background looks so busy
Put your subject in front of a background that is not busy
> and the lighting is bad
Put your subject in nicer light.

What is the confusion? Are you looking for a way to point a camera at a shit scene and have it look like a different, better scene? Well then the gear thread is where you want to be. You'll be regaled by Sony friends and Full frame fags telling you all about how better gear will make your photos look better!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.