[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alex Stoddard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: alex-stoddard.jpg (131 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
alex-stoddard.jpg
131 KB, 650x650
How do i get the look of the picture on the top right. Im talking about the pale skin tone mixed with the cream white background.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2012:07:02 11:42:26
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width650
Image Height650
>>
>>2829628
Good lighting + pale model/makeup + white backdrop.

Also you're retarded.
>>
>>2829644
No im saying like he has the same type of look to all of his photos like he puts a filter on all of them but im not sure how to go about doing that
>>
>>2829649
Poor pleb does not understand the difference between creating a visual ecosystem with continuous themes that gives a broader sense of unity in a portfolio to using a "filter"
... I weep.
>>
>>2829628
This kid was one of my main inspirations on Flickr a couple years ago, his work is pretty shit now tho and he's very homosexual
>>
>>2829628
Bright soft light, a bright pale subject, and a bright pale background.
>>
>>2829651
Well can you help me then because i really want to learn more.
>>
>>2829651
Maybe you could direct me to a place that will jelp me with composition and lighting and creating an ecosystem to make my series of work blend together.
>>
>>2829683
There is no recipe for art. You come up with a goal, and you do what you need to do to achieve that goal. You see your inspiration has a light colored background. You want to have that in your photo. Figure out how to make it happen. You see there is bright soft lighting coming from above. You want that in your photo. Solve it. Make it happen. Use your creativity, and your brain. Be an artist. That's what being an artist is about.
>>
>>2829694
but tell me what vsco filter to use
>>
>>2829704
Lmao thats not me
>>
>>2829694
Thank you this is very helpful
>>
>>2829665
Just by the photos alone I could tell this photographer was gay.

Shitty hipster tryhard lighting bullshit. If he deliberately framed these 4 photos together he's actually retarded.
>>
>>2829882
Thanks for your contribution.
>>
>>2829882
What does being homosexual have to do with his photography
>>
>>2830444
Probably the feminine style and subjects. It's a a massive generalization but there is a correlation.
>>
I'm gay and even I don't sink to taking pictures this over sentimental and derivative. Ooh he's really pale and got a snake on his face and the background's teal. Just reeks of taking it up the batty.
>>
>>2831337
Post your photos that you've built from the ground up, to show us how it's done?
>>
>>2831337
Exactly. If his photography illustrated any sort of message about his homosexuality rather than LOOK AT DIS ART then there'd be no reason for comments about him reaking of gay and taking it up the batty.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.