[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any mounts available for full sized cameras that I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: teeth.png (424 KB, 454x632) Image search: [Google]
teeth.png
424 KB, 454x632
Are there any mounts available for full sized cameras that I can stick on the dashboard of my car?

I need to put the A6300 + 90mm sony macro aimed out the front windshield and not have it wobble back and forth or fall over. I can tape it down but it isn't that effective.

Do they have any devices that can do this? Maybe some kind of tripod I can mount in the car?
>>
>dude 1500$ dashcam lmao
only a fucking sony faggot could come up with this shit

what the fuck are you memeing at
>>
>>2829391
Why a 90mm macro? What purpose will that serve? A wide angle would do a much better job in that circumstance
>>
File: DSC008881.png (4 MB, 2393x1595) Image search: [Google]
DSC008881.png
4 MB, 2393x1595
>>2829411
I have both. I will use the Vario Tessar 16-35 instead sometimes. I prefer the picture quality of the macro though so I'd like to use that most of the time

>>2829392
I want to create car driving ASMR videos. I am not very good at photography but the video quality is decent so I will pursue that for now

pic unrelated, just a nice emotional shot I took in my kitchen. for your troubles.

so, any suggestions?
>>
File: 1137-8125.jpg (563 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1137-8125.jpg
563 KB, 1000x667
>>2829392

I beat Sonyfags to it with a shitty 10-year old 5D

OP the problem you will face with a lens that long on an A6300 is wobble. Doesn't matter what you put it on that is a tall order for a moving vehicle.

I achieved this mounting a tripod in my center console that shot between my legs and weighing down and anchoring it heavily. I'm not sure what you're trying to do but I hope it isn't long exposure because even at 20mm on a Bogen 3001 I had camera shake and you can see it in the streaks.

To do this right you may want to consider something that hangs from the windscreen with suction cups. Have your wallet ready.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:03:03 02:20:24
Exposure Time30 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length20.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2829431
Honestly, it can't be that hard.

I managed to do this with nothing but some scotch tape. I also got lucky though the shape of the dashboard kinda held it in place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSYzCDzCHnI
>>
>>2829434
>managed to get lucky and get vomit-inducing shaky ugly video
what an accomplishment.
>>
>>2829434
>crunchy plasticky sound
>car vibration
>gross motor noise
>asmr
mmmm so relaxingg
>>
>>2829431
You reminding the board that your actual choice of transportation is a Ford Probe is just one of those little gems that keeps me coming back to this place, Sugar.
>>
>>2829391

Can't you get something like a Toughbook docking station and modify it?

You could always drill some holes in the dash and stick a tripod head to that.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.